Spider on the bird table

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This is a newly processed shot of a spider that I featured last year in a different position on the bird table (the other was after a rain shower where it went into hiding) but this is the spider on the top of the bird table itself and after looking through the raw files again, I decided this was good enough to use, so here it is.

A young cross spider as you may know them, about 6mm in size.

C&C as always enjoyed.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:10:24 13:49:19
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
Aperture: f/9.0
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Manual
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
Exposure Mode: Auto Bracketing

Paul.

A fantastic shot Paul. It's almost like the spider has just come out into a new day. Excellent detail and lovely golden colours. You should have posted this long back mate :)

Last edited:
Fantastic shot and the warm glow is great

A very nice crisp sharp shot.:clap:

I'm not sure how many more creepy crawly shots my nerves will take but my sadistic side makes me look:LOL:

A great shot!

Really great capture, it looks very good and definately should of been posted before now, what made you doubt it?

Really great capture, it looks very good and definately should of been posted before now, what made you doubt it?

Hi Jamie.

In the original attempt from RAW, I just found it didn't quite seem sharp enough, and the balance appeared off. But I looked again today and ran it through Lightroom, and then used Noiseware to get it tidy, but the eyes had to be kept clear too. The problem with noise reduction is it can soften too much but I changed the opacity to get it better, so i the end, it all came good. Just as long as it is sharp enough after Noiseware, then that's good news.

Paul.

Great pic. Certainly inspiring me to get in the garden and hunt some bugs. :)

Hate the things, but that is a great shot.
Love the colours, the spider colours go really well with the wood texture, and the background colour.
I really like the pose/stance (<what would a better word be to insert here? :p) of the spider, almost looks like its retreating in fear from something above.

Glad you decided to share Paul.

Hate the things, but that is a great shot.
Love the colours, the spider colours go really well with the wood texture, and the background colour.
I really like the pose/stance (<what would a better word be to insert here? :p) of the spider, almost looks like its retreating in fear from something above.

Glad you decided to share Paul.

Cheers Rikki.

Just goes to prove one should never bin their RAW files just in case...

Paul.

Back