Sport Portraits - Capturing the emotion! Your photos please!!

They are fab @Graham W !! Looks like an amazing atmosphere - was this a promotion day?
Yes. Derby County getting promoted to what was the First Division. I'd been visiting on match days to get pics of the crowds and policing outside the ground.
On the day of the promotion a kind policeman got me into the ground for the final few minutes and the celebrations.

This is my first post on this site.

I'm very much a beginner and have just purchased a 7D with an EF 55-250 IS lens to take pics of the kids. In particular their sporting activities.
I'm still getting to grips with the camera but took it out to sports day. I saw this thread and though this photo of my son cheering on his team was apt for this thread.

Hope its ok

View media item 12822

Couple of goal celebrations from this thursday ...

goal.jpg

goal2.jpg

I love this thread! Especially the shots of the young footballers celebrating. They might not totally appreciate them at the moment but I gaurantee they'd love a copy in a few decades!

I was working on a freelance basis for the local paper during 2006 and was asked to cover Scunthorpe United's last few matches before they were promoted to the Championships. There were already some staff photographers there, I think in total, including myself, there were four or five of us. We were asked to cover the match and then anything afterwards such as celebrations etc. At the end of the match, I saw Billy Sharp, who had been the top scorer during the season, surrounded by fans. The other photographers had long and mid zoom lenses, but I had my trusty Sigma 10-20 in the bag. I quickly popped it onto the body and joined in the scrum to get close to Billy Sharp. I wanted to try and get him and the fans in a picture. As I finally fought my way and popped my head up, I shouted for him and as he looked at me, I managed to capture this.

NM_1635_113.JPG

Back