Spot The Odd One Out.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
No prizes. :D

gathering.jpg

Hmmm ? :thinking: Ah got it! the top one has had a bath and has cleaned all the mud off `:D
Great catch (y)

Communal bathing as it should be done ... (y)

I got one like that too ... only mine had a bird, where the GT is perched, what got broke off ... :D

:p

The one on the top is ME. The others are the better known members of this forum.

It's taking things to far when you need a Lifeguard for the Birdbath :shrug:

The bird bath has only been in place about 3 weeks and it's proving as big an attraction as the feeders - highly recommended, the birds love a supply of water handy. I have the birdy thing Rog but haven't fitted it, in fact I'm thinking of replacing that perch with something a little more natural looking.

I got some shots of a Coal Tit on the bird bath this morning, but 1/50 sec at 700mm doesn't really hack it with these little beggars so they're not very sharp. Still - it's a first in this garden and bodes well for better days. ;)

Great capture, looks like they're rehearsing for a production of The Lion King :D

Great idea about replacing the perch with something more natural. I have just ordered a feeder pole [a luxury one no less with bath built in] and was thinking about using some of the shrubs we had to remove a few weeks ago to put new fencing in, to wrap round the hooks and stuff.
Oh and today we had a new family visit the garden - I pressume they were an entire family, the russells were snoozing indoors fortunately, because 6 long tailed tits in the shrubbery isnt something we have had before. Got one pic and its not brill, but now I know they are around... :D

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

:thinking:

nah can't see it

:naughty:

Aww! how cute :love:
Though personally Id clone out that distracting little purple flower on the right!

Hmmm! perhaps I need to add a bird bath to my growing list of wants now too!

Good call on the purple spot Glo, although it's very much a snap I didn't intend doing much with. It's not the best quality shot, I was struggling for a decent shutter speed all day, even at 800 ISO.

The bird bath was very expensive -17 quid from Pets At Home. ;)

Nice :clap: looks like you will have to get a bigger bird bath to fit them all in :LOL:

it's very much a snap I didn't intend doing much with.
Id kind of gathered that but still worth it imho :)

The bird bath was very expensive -17 quid from Pets At Home. ;)

Hmmm! I have just the spot in mind for something like that, a gravelled circle in the middle of a lawn but its rather open.
Do you think they prefer the security of foliage around, or doesnt it make much difference?

We have a birdbath in our garden, but we've also got two small ponds with a stream/waterfall between them. The sparrows absolutely love bathing at the top of the little waterfall. No wonder our water level keep going down due to the amount they splash around.:LOL:

They definitely like the security of foliage Glo, although those pedestal baths are high enough that they feel secure from cats, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've got a moggy problem now in the shape of a big black bugger that comes round after the birds. I've put some repellent pellets down which don't seem to be doing a lot, so I'm gonna try one of those ultra sonic anti pussy thingies.

If that fails, it just might be the Smith and Wesson Retirement Plan for Tiddles. ;)

CT... try local zoo/wildlife parks...some now sell lion poo - great anti moggy deterent apparently, just spread its around your borders ;)

...and its why I have gone for a pole, we have a moggy, albeit the lousiest birder ever, as she is a tonkineses and cannot keep quiet to save her life...saves the birds though - the robin even sits there shouting at her and the mutts from the shrubs :LOL:

They definitely like the security of foliage Glo, although those pedestal baths are high enough that they feel secure from cats, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've got a moggy problem now in the shape of a big black bugger that comes round after the birds. I've put some repellent pellets down which don't seem to be doing a lot, so I'm gonna try one of those ultra sonic anti pussy thingies.

If that fails, it just might be the Smith and Wesson Retirement Plan for Tiddles. ;)

Theres some cracking jokes to be ripped out of that post... but I wont ... being a 'lady' & that ;)

Ive heard there are certain types of plants that are supposed to keep cats away but I cant remember what theyre called :thinking:

My next door neighbour has another little foster cat staying at the mo, and is planning to get 3 kittens of her own!
So Ill be interested to be kept up to date on any repellants you find that work ... outside of the canine variety that is!

Lion sh*t?? Come on you're winding me up. :LOL:

This black bugger is getting one or two birds so I have to do something.

Theres some cracking jokes to be ripped out of that post... but I wont ... being a 'lady' & that ;)

Ultra sonic anti pussy? Nope can't see any possible gags there? :thinking:

:LOL:

Thanks for the link LL - OK I believe you, :D

Hmmmm Lion No2s. I have to live with this pong too. ;)

Didn't you order an all singing all dancing water pistol for just this very problem Cedric ... :cautious:

08.gif

Well it was pre Tiddles actually Rog and it was for the squidgers. Pretty good while it lasted, but it lost pressure and was leaking water all over the place. Went in the bin a few days ago. :shrug:

Pressure washer? :shrug:

Great pic, btw!

Well you can't be on moggy patrol all day so I'm gonna try the sonic thingy - supposed to be effective up to 40 feet which should be fine. Here's hoping. ;)

Back