Spring by the River

Thats a result then Ade (y)

Thats a result then Ade (y)

Chris, I met the landowner last week,he had his mother with him, she lives on the estate,loves the wildlife and asked me where all the deer had gone.So I told her what had happened to the deer and why she wasn`t seeing them anymore. She asked what could be done,me being me, I told her.There is now a blanket ban on deer shooting on the whole estate until the levels return to where they where the year before last, the only ones to be shot are the weak ones that will die soon anyway, the landowner and his mother are the only people who can authorise it. Sometimes it is the kindest thing to do, as you know.

We got to chatting about a few things. what had gone on and why it had been allowed to happen,I was honest in my opinions. We departed determined to put it right. The new keeper speaks as I do,factually and to the point,I don`t think the murderous activities will carry on,in fact, i`m pretty damned sure they won`t.He seems a nice guy and seems to know his stuff,he knows buzzards do more good than harm, "so why shoot them", he is as keen on sorting the mink out as I am,keen to leave the badgers in peace, likes seeing the roe knocking about.

There are good and bad in every profession, we had the worst for the last year.He put the reputation of all the good keepers on the line.Most keepers are good and care for wildlife and the land they work with and on.This last idiot did the profession no good whatsoever and I truly hope that he never gets another job working with any animals.

Let us hope for a better year.........(y)

There will be some more shoot photography coming up in the autumn as well.......:)

Last edited:
:D really happy to hear this Ade, lets hope things are how they should be by the end of the year

I really do hope so mate, it went from a very good shoot on a good estate with plenty of wildlife ,to the very depths of despair. Lets hope he is OK and I can do a happier thread this year....:)

I'm glad that all the "problems" seem to have been sorted Ade.
And of course we both know that a "certain amount of culling"
is the responsible thing to do, in wildlife management.
Here's to a successful breeding season (y)

It would be heavenly to see signs of the otters returning.Not the originals of course, because wazzock features killed them, but a new breeding pair would be nice.

I`m still convinced the anglers paid him to do that.

Its a good job the sweary filter doesn't understand regional dialects :D

Indeedy...........:D

I thought that was a norvern only word........;)

Indeedy...........:D

I thought that was a norvern only word........;)

I still know what it means ;) ( I had a friend from around those parts a few years ago :cool:)

Hello, Only just found this thread... and WOW! What a great thread it is.

Your photography is also fantastic. Some absolutely brilliant oppotunities too. This is most definitly bookmarked! :D

I look forward to seeing more! :)

It will be finished very soon.But thanks anyway........(y)

I will probably do another one this coming year, should be a better year for everything..............:)

It would be heavenly to see signs of the otters returning.Not the originals of course, because wazzock features killed them, but a new breeding pair would be nice.

I`m still convinced the anglers paid him to do that.

must have missed that bit,what happened?

A survivor

CockPheasant.jpg

A non survivor.Deer skeleton

GP5.jpg

Still finding snares.

GP7.jpg

****** was feeding medicated pellets right through.

GP1.jpg

Sparrowhawks are back.........;)

GP10.jpg

Ludicrous automatic watering system.

GP11.jpg

A few random snaps of the area.

GP2.jpg

GP3.jpg

GP4.jpg

GP6.jpg

GP8.jpg

GP9.jpg

Had another full and frank discussion with the landowner, this must not be allowed to happen again he said. I agreed.....;)

some great scenery there Ade (y)

some great scenery there Ade (y)

Thanks Carol, these were just snaps.I took the D700 with a 35mm lens on out.I am more concerned with finding snares and whatever else has been left around.When I find things I have to carry them out of the woods,so photography is taking a back seat at the moment.

I`ll try and spend some time and get some better stuff soon.

Nice country side you have there Ade (y)
And I just know that my Harris Hawk would love to "play" in that lot :D

There is a guy flies his HH on the second estate, sure buggers up bird photography for me......................:naughty:

This is a very thought provoking thread Fracster. It really is an eye opener to see what people are capable of and what horrific acts that can take place.

Its also refreshing to see you taking the steps to get the message out there to make it well known what has happened/is happening.

It will be wonderful to see more of this thread and see more of the positive things emerge based on your conversations with the landowner.

Thank you for sharing this with us, I will definitely be keeping an eye out on this thread or your next one, you have taken some lovely and memorable pictures here.

Emma :)

There is a guy flies his HH on the second estate, sure buggers up bird photography for me......................:naughty:

Ah well as long as he is having fun :p :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think this years thread will be a whole lot better,thanks Emma...........:)

Last edited:
Ah well as long as he is having fun :p :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He gives me his kills to feed the buzzards, nice enough guy, no complaints fella..........(y)

This thread is now asleep,permanantly...............:cool:

This thread is now asleep,permanantly...............:cool:

Its been a "great year" image and commentary wise Ade
Nice one mate (y)

Ps Oh no its not lol

Back