Spyder lenscal

I got one.

My students like it very much as it clearly shows
the target when I explain and demonstrate how
to fine-tune the AF.

I don't use very often as I do with a simple ruler.
You could do the same and save 50 quids. ;)

Thanks for reply Daniel. Too late I just bought one but only paid £40 plus p+p. Lots of good feedback on different sites for this. I am trying to make sure My gear is right so it gives me the best opportunity for decent images.:)(y)

Too late…

Sorry for that, was out shooting today. :( :( :(

This is one of the many photography accessories
that cost a lot and, though it is a good idea, it is
still just dust catching plastic.

No problem Daniel . I actually made a similar one printed from the net but it bent and wasn't much good. If it works it will be money well spent. As have been quoted £55 to calibrate just my Tamron, I have saved £10 up to now and I have 5 lenses.:):)

You mean one of these http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyderlenscal/

Neat little gadget, but ultimately no different to this edible DIY version. Just pop it on the kitchen worktop, square it it up to camera/tripod, and away you go. Also, following the same basic principle, you can swap it for something larger to use for wide-angles at realistic shooting distance.

Well it arrived today. I have done a calibration of my 18-105 on my D300 and it has made a massive difference :) It was much better quality than I expected and I am happy with my purchase:) looking forward to doing the rest of my lenses now.

it has made a massive difference

Yes, I believe you, Charles.

Soon enough, the suggestion Richard
and I made will come to its full value:
very, very cheap and just as good! :cool:

Back