Spyder Pantone Calibration

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been using my Dad's spyder to try and calibrate my monitor tonight, and now it's all done it just looks a little magenta. All my photos now have a magenta cast to them in photoshop and it's driving me crazy.

Is this how it's supposed to be or has the Spyder messed up my settings.

I've no idea how to change it back now :(

Squint at it.......that should sort the view ;)

Did you not make a noke of the settings before you fiddled? I would imagine you could reload the stanard driver and icc profile for the monitor.

It fiddled with itself, then automatically changed the settings and saved them... I've no idea where to look to get my old profile back :(

did you see which folder it saved it in?

i'm guessing that it's in the system32 area somewhere.

desktop/right click/properties/settings/

have a look round the GFX card options, it should give you the name of the profile in use and the option to add or browse.

Also desktop/right click/settings/advanced/colour management. You should see a list of any colour profiles. If your new one is there you can delete it.

Try disabling cloour management in Photoshop if all else fails Kate. Does your monitor have a default or reset setting?

Phew... sorted!

Yes it does have a default setting CT, but Photoshop told me it was corrupt, so I was ignoring it anyway.

Everything back to normal now :)

Thanks guys

Kate said:
Phew... sorted!

Yes it does have a default setting CT, but Photoshop told me it was corrupt, so I was ignoring it anyway.

Everything back to normal now :)

Thanks guys

How do you know the spyder settings were wrong? If your monitor was excessively green to start with, and you've been adjusting, and retouching them on a green monitor, they will look magenta on a correct monitor.

Post one of your OLD pics on here, and let's have a look.

You'd be surprised what you get used to, and when you suddenly change it, it looks wrong... it may have been correct tho.

What threw me was the fact that the screen was this magenta tinge.. and the cursor was still white :eek:

All photos sent to photobox for processing have been absolutely perfectly in harmony with my monitor, so it can't be that far out of sync. I've also never had any comments about my colour/density being wrong that I've not agreed with. The spyder just gave everything such a blatant magenta tinge :/

Anyway, here's a photo that looks spot-on colour/density-wise to me:

frog05.jpg

That pic looks fine Kate although it's not the best type of shot to try and look for colour casts - being predominantly green anyway. Pics with more neutral colours, stonework, or better still flesh tones, would give a better idea.

Back