Squeezed Rectilinear Panorama ?

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been asked to take a number of photographs of my local church mostly details, windows monuments etc,
But the exterior is a real problem for lack of vantage points. as almost every aspect is blanked by trees.
I took this shot today as a 3x2 vertical pan.. An as expected I had no problem stitching it Though as I was so close to it, distortions in most projections were horrendous.
I settled on using a Squeezed rectilinear which showed the least distortion. It is a projection I shall certainly use again.

I was only 8 foot from the lamp post.
_TXE5078X-_TXE5088XA web.jpg

Last edited:
I do like a nice church of which there are lots in Norfolk. Most with the same tree problem you have.

My shot would be lower ( get the tree off the roof), slightly to the left (lamppost off window)
and crop close to the base of the post (remove most of the shadows).

I like churches to have a sense of place and sit comfortably in their grounds.
there were not many compromises to be made in this case, as I wanted to maintin a decent space and include at least some of the church yard, the stones that you see on the right are that of the first and other vicars.
This church was built by the owner of the Royal George mill, by a local victorian architect.
But it has little of the (perpendicular) romanesque grandure of the Norfolk wool churches

Back