SSD Drives how much quicker should the boot time be

Not yet. Might give it a try though if updating drivers doesn't work.

(Apologies to OP Paul if you're asking him rather than me).

Just tried the pre-install scan and it didn't find any startup issues, so I don't think it's worth spending £30 on System Mechanic.

18627-1501411953-de9121ea0264b7d5fb368237c2475766.jpg

Last edited:
none.

even my work laptop with standard crappy sandisk flash boots pretty much instantly.

Just so I know we are on the same page, when you say "boots pretty much instantly" are you referring from the time you press the power button to the time your desktop is fully loaded or from the time you enter the systems password. or from switch on to it asking for the systems password, definitions of the term boot can be different, mine is from pressing the power button to the desktop fully loading and included the time it takes to enter my password.

Also does you system completely turn off of go into suspend or hibernation at power off

Paul

what you did was a small fraction of System Mechanic does. Did you try the full trial download if there is one that is

No I didn't try the download.

What can it do to help startup speed? (It doesn't think there's a problem with startup).

you need to go into each section bit by bit and check them out. Make sure you have all your passwords on paper as well, just in case. I have speeded up my computer using this program.
One of the things you may need to look at is how many programs you have under startup, that will slow a computer down. you will find it under "all programs" just above the search box.

Last edited:
you need to go into each section bit by bit and check them out. Make sure you have all your passwords on paper as well, just in case. I have speeded up my computer using this program.
One of the things you may need to look at is how many programs you have under startup, that will slow a computer down. you will find it under "all programs" just above the search box

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try.

I don't have any large programmes loading at startup. Most are things like Adobe updater, Nikon message centre and Ditto clipboard manager. (Ditto is a little gem - see http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/ - it's one of those things that, once you've tried it, you wonder how you ever did without it).

Just so I know we are on the same page, when you say "boots pretty much instantly" are you referring from the time you press the power button to the time your desktop is fully loaded or from the time you enter the systems password. or from switch on to it asking for the systems password, definitions of the term boot can be different, mine is from pressing the power button to the desktop fully loading and included the time it takes to enter my password.

Also does you system completely turn off of go into suspend or hibernation at power off

Paul
Pretty much both.

Cold boot to login, almost instant. Then login to desktop instant again.

Please don't install that bloatware.

Your sata drivers will most likely be a combo of the inf package and intelligent rst.

If in doubt go to intels support page and use their own driver utility.

Sorry Neil but i find it a very good program for sorting out a lot of computer problems. Like most things if you havn't tried it then you don't know how good it is

Please don't install that bloatware.

It's ok, I've taken a Macrium Reflect image before installing System Mechanic - so I can undo anything it does by rolling back to the image.

Your sata drivers will most likely be a combo of the inf package and intelligent rst.

If in doubt go to intels support page and use their own driver utility.

What about the drivers listed on my motherboard page, here (scroll down) - http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z68 Pro3 Gen3/index.asp#osW764

Shouldn't I be using all or some of them?

Last edited:
Pretty much both.

Cold boot to login, almost instant. Then login to desktop instant again.

Interesting what's the make of your motherboard and SSD drive as just about everything I have read from other people suggest my boot times or quite normal so interested to know what you have to give the instant result.

I know my Crusial drive is marginally slower than a Samsung but not enough to matter that much, so doubt that is the issue. It could I suppose be the
MoBo which is by HP or st least supplied by HP in their desktop machines..

Back