Stacking

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi gang: I'm am old timer going back to rangefinder, twin lens and early SLR film cameras. I've been into digital for perhaps 20 yrs. I am software light. I understand the concept of stacking (shooting several pictures from the same spot, all at different focus points., letting the software meld them together) but not the practically. What is the simplest software that offers that capability? I've never "stacked" an image. I'm seeking extreme depth of field for my Forced Perspective images. I've got great locations here (convenient Mountains and Desert). As of yet I can't bring them all into focus simultaneously.

Attachments

• Jurrasci-cc-RS.jpg
    Jurrasci-cc-RS.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 24
I use affinity photo to stack macro images, works really well , as long as all the frames line up which it should with landscape it should work well

I used to use Combine ZP which was free but I am sure PS can do this now and no need to manually line up frames etc as PS will do that as well. I also use Helicon Remote on my iPad to control the camera and capture the multiple focus points. It is a while since I did this but mainly for fungi but it does work for landscapes as well.

Dave

PS can do this now and no need to manually line up frames etc as PS will do that as well.
I've no idea about the latest versions of PS but CS5 is rubbish at it.
That was the main reason I bought Affinity
Affinity also has a photo align function.

I've no idea about the latest versions of PS but CS5 is rubbish at it.
That was the main reason I bought Affinity
Affinity also has a photo align function.

yep exactly what I found

I used Helicon Focus initially, but Affinity Photo more lately.

Zerene Stacker for me ... embedded into Lightroom for direct exports and processing

Back