Stag overlooking the Loch...........

Beautiful creature...............and a beautiful shot Tom(y)

A really great capture of a surely majestic beast. I have taken a few stags recently but yours is far better than the ones I got.
An excellent piece of work and thank you for the pleasure of viewing him.

Great pose great "clarity" Tom (y)

Now I wonder what it would look like in ...............................:D

A really great capture of a surely majestic beast. I have taken a few stags recently but yours is far better than the ones I got.
An excellent piece of work and thank you for the pleasure of viewing him.

Thank you. You just needs practise patience and lots of luck.

THATS A CRACKER

Thank you.

Amazing capture.

Thank you.

Great pose great "clarity" Tom (y)

Now I wonder what it would look like in ...............................:D

Thank you Cobra/Bra Co/smoothedit/Chris - now you nearly said it, just needs a little more tuition :D

Tom

Looks awesome that photo :)
I dont want to nit pick on such a great image, but the weed/ twig on the antlers I find a little distracting, probably wouldn't see it but now that I know it's there that's all I'm looking at.

Sorry, but it is a truely great capture and well done

(y)

Looks awesome that photo :)
I dont want to nit pick on such a great image, but the weed/ twig on the antlers I find a little distracting, probably wouldn't see it but now that I know it's there that's all I'm looking at.

Sorry, but it is a truely great capture and well done

Thank you. Its a rutting Stag and during the rut foliage in the antlers on on its body is a characteristic feature.

Tom

Ahh fair enough, you learn something everyday :) But like I said it doesn't take away from the fact that the image is truely fantastic

Ahh fair enough, you learn something everyday :) But like I said it doesn't take away from the fact that the image is truely fantastic

Besides I risked life and limb to put that foliage in its antlers to fake the shot :LOL:

Tom that is an absolute belter of a shot :clap: Could you not get him to smile too as that's the only thing missing from this shot :LOL: As said worthy of any calendar (y)

Very nice mate (y)

Thank you Liam.

Tom that is an absolute belter of a shot :clap: Could you not get him to smile too as that's the only thing missing from this shot :LOL: As said worthy of any calendar (y)

Cheers John - a definite case of can't please everybody :D

Tom

WOW! This is a stunning photo!

I'm new to photography but the DOF and the focus on this pic is great to me. I hope to be able to capture such shots soon.

Thank you for sharing your pic here.

Dawn :)

WOW! This is a stunning photo!

I'm new to photography but the DOF and the focus on this pic is great to me. I hope to be able to capture such shots soon.

Thank you for sharing your pic here.

Dawn :)

Thank you very much Dawn - glad you like it.

Just post some shots in this forum and you will get some good constructive advise and you will soon be getting some excellent shots. Most importantly its that you are pleased with your shots.

Tom

I don't think I can add much to what's already been said here! It's a fantastic shot, of a beautiful beast and an even more beautiful scenery (y). I love the colours, big time.

How docile are these creatures, or are they?

I don't think I can add much to what's already been said here! It's a fantastic shot, of a beautiful beast and an even more beautiful scenery (y). I love the colours, big time.

How docile are these creatures, or are they?

Thank you. Its a wild Stag in the Highlands and some times they can be quite skittish other times you can get reasonably and safely close. Very much a case of judging if your proximity is disturbing them. For this shot I was about 40ft away from him.

Belting shot mate.

Cheers for your comments Malla.

Wow... what more can I say :clap:

Cheers Trev - I'll buy one would sound good :D

Tom

I'm going to buck the trend a little...
It's a technically spot on shot without a doubt with a high level of luck/skill involved with your subject :)
However it's plonked in the center of the frame at the minute and I think by cropping a little its a little more interesting, oh and a little bit of contrast to make up for the haze you normally get shooting with a telephoto lens.

2z86ycz.jpg

Great capture all the same :)!

I'm going to buck the trend a little...
It's a technically spot on shot without a doubt with a high level of luck/skill involved with your subject :)
However it's plonked in the center of the frame at the minute and I think by cropping a little its a little more interesting, oh and a little bit of contrast to make up for the haze you normally get shooting with a telephoto lens.

Great capture all the same :)!

Thank you for your comments and edit. Isn't photography lovely when a image can be presented in different ways to present a different scene. My view is that your edit puts more emphasis on the Stag whereas mine the emphasis is the Stag in its environment. From an earlier reply to a poster I explained why no more room was available on the RH, therefore the Stag was always going to be central in frame. To have retained the current RH but more space on the LH the composition was just never going to look right.

Lovely Photo :)

Thank you - glad you liked it.

Tom

Amazing shot ... How near to it were you ?

Cheers

Si

Back