Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_4703.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking :)

I'll just add another "very" (y)

My word thats good. Very nice indeed.

Andy

Stonking shot Tom...a calendar image if ever I saw one.

Bob

Magic - just level up the horizon - the loch is draining out to the right! have you more in the series?

Wow! I can only echo the above. Stunning. And definitely agree with Mr Bob - would be an easy pick for a calender.

ce qui est excellent!

Superb - almost 3D.

Excellent shot. Perfect exposure and DOF. As above, I think a rule of thirds composition would have been better. Still, a completely magic moment though!

Beautiful. The (not sure what) hanging off his antlers is a tiny bit distracting for me, but that's only because once I noticed it my eye kept going there. But quite quite beautiful.

Very, very nice (y)

Thank you

I'll just add another "very" (y)

Thank you

Very nice - which Loch was it ?

Thank you. Loch Cairnbawn in NW Scotland.
My word thats good. Very nice indeed.

Andy

Cheers Andy.

Stonking shot Tom...a calendar image if ever I saw one.

Bob

Cheers Bob - much appreciated.

I knew clicking this thread was gonna be a treat

Loverly!! :clap:

Thank you Adam for your kind comment - cheques in the post :D

Magic - just level up the horizon - the loch is draining out to the right! have you more in the series?

Thank you. I quite happy with that horizon - you are getting that visual effect because as the far loch bank goes from left to right it is also going away from you as well. Yes, its just a case of getting round to editing them.

Wow! I can only echo the above. Stunning. And definitely agree with Mr Bob - would be an easy pick for a calender.

Thank you.

ce qui est excellent!

:thinking: Always get worried with short foreign words but thank you for commenting. :D

Superb - almost 3D.

Thank you Dougie.

Fantastic shot Tom :clap:

Thank you

Stunning!

Thank you kind sir.

That's a beautiful picture! For some reason I would've liked the Stag to be slightly to the left with a bit more room on the right. I don't know why but never-the-less a fantastic capture!

Thank you. Sadly the ideal doesn't always work in real terms - just out of the frame on the RH was another Stag and from this position both would not have been completely in frame. So to have this Stag and just part of the RH Stag is never going to be a nice image.

Excellent shot. Perfect exposure and DOF. As above, I think a rule of thirds composition would have been better. Still, a completely magic moment though!

Thank you. I have partly answered you comment above, but I think its a question of working as best you can with what is available rather than follow guideline rules. For this shot I was about 15m away and to have moved position for the sake of composition would most likely have meant the shot would only have been the tail view of him as hi-tailed into the distance. :puke:

wow, great shot! its like he's surveying his territory.

Thank you, very much so.

Beautiful. The (not sure what) hanging off his antlers is a tiny bit distracting for me, but that's only because once I noticed it my eye kept going there. But quite quite beautiful.

Thank you. Its a rutting Stag and foliage on their back or antlers is a characteristic of that period.

Tom

Jealous - me? NO not really,, you lucky bu**er what I would give for a shot like that.

VERY VERY nice (y)

Wow, what a lovely shot!
Really have caught this one well, I honestly just sat and looked at that for minutes!
Well done!

Great shot, good to see such a beautiful animal in the wild.

Jealous - me? NO not really,, you lucky bu**er what I would give for a shot like that.

VERY VERY nice (y)

Thank you.

Now that is what I call a stunning shot:clap:
Very well done sir(y)

Thank you very much.
:clap: That's a lovely shot Tom.

Anthony

Thank you Anthony - glad you like it.

Wow, what a lovely shot!
Really have caught this one well, I honestly just sat and looked at that for minutes!
Well done!

Thank you.

Now thats the kind of shot i would love to take someday, Outstanding capture.:clap::clap:

Thank you - I'm sure you will - and post it on TP when you do.

Great shot, good to see such a beautiful animal in the wild.

Thank you.

Thats a Beautiful shot Tom, fabulous animal in a fabulous setting !!

Thank you very much Dean.

Tom

Dean

looks like a calander image. great capture

Quite Stunning, a superb capture.(y)
If you had to think of an image of a stag in your head, i think this would be most peoples picture.
Dean:)

Superb shot Tom, had my first experience of these beauts this week (y)

Echo the above-excellent image-with just enough DOF to retain interest in BG.

Although I'd straighten the horizon (using the rear shoreline)

Very nice... what sort of lens did you have on?

Thank you Stuart. Used a Canon 300mm f/2.8.

Quite Stunning, a superb capture.(y)
If you had to think of an image of a stag in your head, i think this would be most peoples picture.
Dean:)

Thank you Dean.

Superb shot Tom, had my first experience of these beauts this week (y)

Thank you Alby. Glad you had luck yourself as they are quite different animals in the wild.

Echo the above-excellent image-with just enough DOF to retain interest in BG.

Although I'd straighten the horizon (using the rear shoreline)

Cheers for your comments Les. The horizon has already been covered in my reply in post 18.

Tom

Tom thats a stunner, I hope you are proud of yourself(y)

Back