Stairs - an open thread

Can I get an opinion please, guys. This is a staircase at Euston tube station. I just like the shadows and lines and lighting. The first one is darker and brings the shadows out better, the second is brighter with slightly less contrast to the shadows. Which one is better/nicer/more interesting to look at?

Staircase.jpg

Staircase4.jpg

I have to say I like them both for different reasons. I love the shadow in the first one which works especially well on the walls. It is the handrails and emphasised shadows on the walls that draw me down the stairwell in this one.

In the second the brightness of the strips on the stairs just pops and draws my eye down the spiral of the staircase. I'm less drawn to the walls in this one.

Great shots.

I have to say I like them both for different reasons. I love the shadow in the first one which works especially well on the walls. It is the handrails and emphasised shadows on the walls that draw me down the stairwell in this one.

In the second the brightness of the strips on the stairs just pops and draws my eye down the spiral of the staircase. I'm less drawn to the walls in this one.

Great shots.

moggi, thanks, your observations are 100% my thoughts. The second one pops more because of the white strips as you mentioned. Overall, there's a bit more drama and perhaps foreboding in the first one.

Hi, leading to another Neo-Bauhaus house in the neighbourhood ... :

L1004333_DxO-v50-c.jpg

Here are a couple from a commercial lighting shoot on St. Pauls' vista. It has recently been relit with low level lighting to avoid detracting from the cathedral. The lights are LED but use a warm 2700k colour temp to give the site a more retro sympathetic feel.

AH8_5689 A.jpgAH8_8724 A.jpg

Back