Stairway to ....

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I walk past this bridge most Sundays and have probably shot this to death, but i thought i would try my hand at a bit of cross processing.

Would like to hear your comments on this (y)

Stairway to ? by surfinscottie, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really like this, have tried to capture this on many occasions and failed, great tones, the processing is spot on, the only slight niggle is the close crop on the right, apart from that very well done!

I like it Scott. I like the processed colour too, what abut cropping it at the top so you don't actually see the rail....you know it's like 'stairway...to....' we don't know because it's out of frame giving more mystery? I don't know just a thought!

I even like the image turned on its side! :)

Works pretty well, Scott.
Just a little tight / close to right of frame.

Thanks for the comments guys. Your right about the crop, much too tight, dont know what i was thinking there :bang: :LOL:

(y)

I like the processing.

Lovely processing Scott...makes it very moody.
I won't repeat what's been said about the crop, but consider your legs slapped lol

Lovely processing Scott...makes it very moody.
I won't repeat what's been said about the crop, but consider your legs slapped lol

Thanks Ruth .... and thank you for not repeating whats already been said, i dont think i could take another leg slap, they are sore enough :LOL:

Thanks Ruth .... and thank you for not repeating whats already been said, i dont think i could take another leg slap, they are sore enough :LOL:

Hehe :naughty:

nice capture and fills the frame nice, also like the processing too.

Lovely shot of a mundane object. Like the cross processing effect too. I agree with other posters that it could do with a little more room especially on the right hand side.

Works pretty well, Scott.
Just a little tight / close to right of frame.

For my money, I'd either have left more space to the right as suggested, or cropped it tight at the top to match.

Could maybe do with a little work to get the verticals vertical.

Sorry to say I'm not really convinced by the PP, especially the vignetting round the edges. It rather distracts from line of the structure, leading the eye to the void in the centre instead of to the ramp.

I wonder if it would work better as a hard contrast monochrome which the graphic quality of the curve suggests to me. I think you'd need different light and weather for something like that, though.

I wonder if it would work better as a hard contrast monochrome which the graphic quality of the curve suggests to me. I think you'd need different light and weather for something like that, though.

It would also look nice with some snow on the handrails, but i guess i would also need different weather for that too :LOL:

Thanks for the critique and i always take on board what others have to say (y)

I love the PP on this shot Sctt, shame about the tight crop. Still, Its not like you can't re-shoot it, is it????

Les (y)

Thanks Les (y)

I thought i had left enough room to the right hand side when shot, but once in photoshop i straightened it up to get the verticals right and lost more than expected :bang:

Back