Beginner Stand /holder

Name
Yvonne Celestine
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone please suggest a light stand or flash holder for my Sigma ef 610 super flash?
Thanks

Flashes are standardized in both the hot shoe shape
(not the connectors) and 1/4 in. stand mount so any-
thing will work… just get yourself a cool deal! :cool:

I have a recollection (from an earlier thread) that Yvonne has a Sony fit flash - and the Hot shoe shape is NOT the standard!

However, you may find the little stand that came with the flash (just a H shaped piece of plastic to allow it to stand on the floor or a shelf) has a 1/4 in thread in the base to allow you to fit it on a regular stand.

Not that easy to find, I'm afraid

I have a recollection (from an earlier thread) that Yvonne has a Sony fit flash - and the Hot shoe shape is NOT the standard!

However, you may find the little stand that came with the flash (just a H shaped piece of plastic to allow it to stand on the floor or a shelf) has a 1/4 in thread in the base to allow you to fit it on a regular stand.

Hi,Unfortunately there was no stand included when I received the flash.

Not that easy to find, I'm afraid

Some important features were brought up earlier:
  • Air cushioned, for one… cool thing!
  • Casters are very useful too.
  • Height if you work on location… and sand bags!
  • Double bracing… very important
Take a standard product, compare its price and quality to
similar products and you will get quickly to affordable hits.

Attachments

• IMG_2934.JPG
    IMG_2934.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi,Unfortunately there was no stand included when I received the flash.

You can get a generic replacement for a few pounds off Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/m3u/Pixe...d=1490190818&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+flash+stand

However the S-Type mount that Steven linked above is actually a better option.
It's generic fit means you are free to use whatever flash you want with it (so if you later move away from Sony, or get a newer Sony Flash with the MIS hot shoe the bracket will still fit), and if you then invest in a softbox (for example), that will in turn be compatible with a wide range of more advanced 'studio' lights, giving you an upgrade path.

Of course, the little plastic 'foot' is a handy thing to use if you just want to stick a remote flash out of the way to bounce off a wall or ceiling, etc, and much more compact than a stand and bracket!

You can get a generic replacement for a few pounds off Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/m3u/Pixe...d=1490190818&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+flash+stand

However the S-Type mount that Steven linked above is actually a better option.
It's generic fit means you are free to use whatever flash you want with it (so if you later move away from Sony, or get a newer Sony Flash with the MIS hot shoe the bracket will still fit), and if you then invest in a softbox (for example), that will in turn be compatible with a wide range of more advanced 'studio' lights, giving you an upgrade path.

Of course, the little plastic 'foot' is a handy thing to use if you just want to stick a remote flash out of the way to bounce off a wall or ceiling, etc, and much more compact than a stand and bracket!

Hi, thanks so much. Iv been frustrated trying to find something that would actually work. Much appreciated

Back