Stardust's 52 for 23 - week 4 - transparent

Name
Charlie
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

My 'entry' photo is something that I've been wanting to try for a while after watching a youtube video and seeing various images on instagram. I need a lot more practice but it's taken using a transparent frame.

Must admit I've enjoyed this weeks challenge as it's allowed me to try out some more styles that I've seen online. These are some of the other contenders if you will that I considered.

Any CC would be great, I'm new to the whole transparent frame / light trails / cystal ball :)

Week 4 - transparent - 2.jpgWeek 4 - transparent - 3.jpgWeek 4 - transparent - 5.jpgWeek 4 - transparent - 4.jpg

Liking the tulips the best. Lovely light and the green and purple work nicely together. Shadows on the wall behind are interesting.

As you've asked for CC, I would go for the second tulips shot, but clipping the bottom of the vase hurts it for me. An easy one to rectify though :)

I quite like the light trail apart from the fact that it looks a bit soft. However, I wouldn't even know where to start so shouldn't criticise :D

Nice set Charlie. I like image #2 the best but I don't see the image that you posted to the main thread? I was wondering how the cat image fit into the theme of Transparent?

Hi Charlie found your thread, are you having trouble with the whole linking bit, if so would only be too pleased to help you out or some of the others who are better explaining things than me.
Letters. I was going to use something from Corinthians myself, nice shot, well lit.

Evening all, please forgive me for not replying sooner, I hadn't realised that anyone had replied to my post until today, so sorry.

Thank you all of you for coming back to me and for all you helpful comments. I hadn't tried this type of photography before so I'm very glad I'm along the right lines.

@Darkslinger I'm going to find that photo that I added as if honest I'm not too sure how my cat fits in with transparent, other than he turns see thru' every time we need to take him to the vets

@overbez thank you for the comment re the 2nd photo, I will try not to cut in so close next time, I know I have a habit of zooming in too much which I'm trying hard not to do.

@HelenC I wondered that myself, am going to watch more videos on how to make the trail sharp for next time.

@Baloo thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Corinthians . It's a precious one to me as used during my wedding so I was very happy I could incorporate it into my photography.

@Fuji Dave thank you for the link, that is a great help. I wanted to do something similar for this week's thread as a bit of background so will look at the link for the next time.

Again, thank you all for your time and help. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Back