Beginner Statue

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hi there, came across this statue in a garden we were visiting. Only had my canon m and the kit lens but took a couple to judge and see. Any ideas on improving ? Also how can I upload bigger pics ?

Thanks

Chris

For uploading bigger pictures you'll need to put them onto a host site and get the URL code for it. Most use Flickr/500px but you can use TinyURL or Photobucket too.
I like the first image but the background seems to stand out a bit too clearly for me (personal opinion). Maybe a larger aperture would help blur the details of the leaves. The second one my eyes get drawn to the white patch of sky rather than the statue.
If you can get a bit of bounce light (car sun reflectors are good for this and cheap from poundland) and meter for the sky then use the bounce to lighten up the statue again. Bit tricky if on your own but not impossible.

For uploading bigger pictures you'll need to put them onto a host site and get the URL code for it. Most use Flickr/500px but you can use TinyURL or Photobucket too.
I like the first image but the background seems to stand out a bit too clearly for me (personal opinion). Maybe a larger aperture would help blur the details of the leaves. The second one my eyes get drawn to the white patch of sky rather than the statue.
If you can get a bit of bounce light (car sun reflectors are good for this and cheap from poundland) and meter for the sky then use the bounce to lighten up the statue again. Bit tricky if on your own but not impossible.
Thanks for that, tend to agree with what your saying now I re look at the pics, tempted with a reflector many thanks for the advice

Chris

Back