Steam train at Sheffield Park

A great viewpoint and the two guards facing each other rounds the whole thing off nicely.

Thanks guys

Great shot at the opposite end to where the other photographers might be gathered. Nice to include the smoke rising high into the sky together as said, the two staff on opposite platforms reminding us that it is people who run and use the trains not just the locomotives.

Nice atmospheric photo, guards look like two gunslingers facing each other.

Do wonder why the railway people put a modern litter bin on the platform, attention to detail is very important in my book

Nice atmospheric photo, guards look like two gunslingers facing each other.

Do wonder why the railway people put a modern litter bin on the platform, attention to detail is very important in my book

Thanks Rich

Bugger you noticed that eh ... Pain in the arse aren`t they. I already cloned out a buggy from the other platform, but wasn`t too confident in my skills for the bin.

I posted a shot somewhere from the Llangollen railway earlier in the year and figured I'd managed to get a view with no anachronisms in it - no satellite dishes on nearby houses, no modern bins, no people in modern clothes. Then someone commented on the plastic soffits on one of the houses in the background..... You can't please all the people etc. etc. Nice shot though.

That retro look… you sure got that one right! ;-)

Not what I was expecting when I clicked on the thread. But I really like it. Perfect with the guards and the smoke/steam.

Lovely atmospheric shot and the retro processing is appropriate .

Is there something strange going on in the rear of the carriage on the right? - as I think I can see through the end of the carriage and see the platform edge??

Is there something strange going on in the rear of the carriage on the right? - as I think I can see through the end of the carriage and see the platform edge??
Reflection of platform?????

I did a short video from the same bridge the other day with a train coming into the station. Won't post the link because it is not my thread

No idea to be honest, but its a set of Pullman carriages. Weather or not they`re actually used (other than dining), I don`t know. It was a bit drizzly, but hadn`t noticed it before now.

I did a short video from the same bridge the other day with a train coming into the station. Won't post the link because it is not my thread

Nah post away mate, it`s cool :)

That's cool ... Can`t see the second one though as I need to sign in.

I like that Paul especially the two staff opposite each other talking but the feel of the image and tones work nicely

Back