Step And Repeat Problem.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Whenever I try the Step And Repeat process, no matter how many time I press Ctrl Alt Shift T I do not get new layers. I get a repeat of the object but the new objects (repeats) all on the same layer.

Can anyone help or advise please?

Whenever I try the Step And Repeat process, no matter how many time I press Ctrl Alt Shift T I do not get new layers. I get a repeat of the object but the new objects (repeats) all on the same layer.

Can anyone help or advise please?
Without knowing what you are doing prior to pressing Ctrl Alt Shift T it is difficult to say.

Thanks for the reply. I initially create a rectangle, fill it with white, click Ctrl Alt T, move the rectangle (duplicate) click Enter, click Ctrl Alt Shift T to get more duplicates of the rectangle.
When I've watched YT videos of people doing this, all the steps are the same but they seem to generate new layers every time they do the repeat step (Ctrl Alt Shift T)

Thanks for the reply. I initially create a rectangle, fill it with white, click Ctrl Alt T, move the rectangle (duplicate) click Enter, click Ctrl Alt Shift T to get more duplicates of the rectangle.
When I've watched YT videos of people doing this, all the steps are the same but they seem to generate new layers every time they do the repeat step (Ctrl Alt Shift T)
I think you need to remove the Bounding Box from the shape before you copy it. There are a couple of ways in which you can do that. The first is to Rasterize the shape - Layer Menu. The second is to click on the Hand Tool and then copy the shape.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

Back