Daily Steph's 365 from Saturday 3rd November

Name
Steph
Edit My Images
Yes
With a twist!

I'm setting myself the challenge of getting two shots every day. Now they may not always be good, but I'm still going to take the photos and hopefully learn from my mistakes.

Hope it's ok that I'm posting this!!

Steph welcome to the mad house, you will get support from all the other Mad Hatters (not many of us)

Love the first 2 , the colours in the butterfly/moth are awesome

ATB

Vince

:woot: as Vince said welcome to the madhouse it's great to have you here :) two very nice photos to start the thread off (y) with the light trail it would have been so much better with the big telegraph pole in centre frame. ;)

Matt

vince31 said:
Steph welcome to the mad house, you will get support from all the other Mad Hatters (not many of us)

Love the first 2 , the colours in the butterfly/moth are awesome

ATB

Vince

:D Thanks for the warm welcome!

I got bitten by green ants getting the butterfly one... But I think it was worth it!!

MWHCVT said:
:woot: as Vince said welcome to the madhouse it's great to have you here :) two very nice photos to start the thread off (y) with the light trail it would have been so much better with the big telegraph pole in centre frame. ;)

Matt

I'll reposition myself and try that on Monday afternoon - I have something in mind for tomorrow!! Thank you for the tip & your help so far!!

welcome Steph...i know the stress of two shots a day :bang: , most of my first 366 was just that...a normal themed shot, then a self portrait :bonk:... hasn't left any lasting effect on me though...none..none at all...:wacky:

still liking that glow in the sky.. ;)

SamuelSlade007 said:
welcome Steph...i know the stress of two shots a day :bang: , most of my first 366 was just that...a normal themed shot, then a self portrait :bonk:... hasn't left any lasting effect on me though...none..none at all...:wacky:

still liking that glow in the sky.. ;)

BobBCN said:
Welcome to the club!
Look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Thanks both!! I think it'll be good!

If people want to set themes go for it, I tend to just photograph what I see as opposed to thinking about it properly so I figure it can't hurt!!

I'm also pretty useless at picking themes!!

Ok, first for today (also for the long exposure challenge)

2012 8:20 PM by StephyB86, on Flickr

Number two is being a pain, so still working on that!!

And number two: headache tablets because what I wanted to happen wouldn't work!!

2012 9:16 PM by StephyB86, on Flickr

Steph put Day numbers on your shots Ie Day 1 and so on , helps folks give critique.

Lovely number one on day 2 but the tablets shot is a great colour but I think it would benefit from a tighter crop maybe....

Lovely work so far

vince31 said:
Steph put Day numbers on your shots Ie Day 1 and so on , helps folks give critique.

Lovely number one on day 2 but the tablets shot is a great colour but I think it would benefit from a tighter crop maybe....

Lovely work so far

Will do :D off to fix it now, thanks!

Thanks for the crop tip, how much tighter do you think?

MWHCVT said:
Good to see that your going well I think that star long exposure is very nice (y)

Thanks :D I think I'm slowly starting to get it. I'm going to try for a star trail shot tomorrow night...

The two for this thread are already done for today...

Day 3 Shot 1 by StephyB86, on Flickr

And I wanted to try something slightly different for this photo of bobby which basically involved waiting for him to head to his perch for the day.

I like the reflection in the glass, (though I wish I'd cleaned the glass again!!)

Day 3 Shot 2 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Thanks :D I think I'm slowly starting to get it. I'm going to try for a star trail shot tomorrow night...

The two for this thread are already done for today...

And I wanted to try something slightly different for this photo of bobby which basically involved waiting for him to head to his perch for the day.

I like the reflection in the glass, (though I wish I'd cleaned the glass again!!)

I've had that moment with glass why after you look at the shot on the computer you wish you'd cleaned it and today I'll be 675 shots in I'm hoping to do a star trail myself tonight :D if it stays clear

Other than the glass both of todays are great (y)

drop me a message if you need any help :D

MWHCVT said:
I've had that moment with glass why after you look at the shot on the computer you wish you'd cleaned it and today I'll be 675 shots in I'm hoping to do a star trail myself tonight :D if it stays clear

Other than the glass both of todays are great (y)

drop me a message if you need any help :D

You may regret saying that!! But thank you!! :D

No chance of star trails tonight here, it's overcast and icky!!

MWHCVT said:
I don't often regret things :p but we shall see :LOL:

:LOL:

So, set up tripod and camera, focus to infinity (love saying that... "To infinity, and beyond..." Oops, childish mode off), remote shutter, make sure in camera denoising is off, set remote so it shoots continuously, set iso, leave and come back later... Did I miss anything?

I'm disappointed in myself for not getting anything done yesterday. It was a bad day.

:LOL:

So, set up tripod and camera, focus to infinity (love saying that... "To infinity, and beyond..." Oops, childish mode off), remote shutter, make sure in camera denoising is off, set remote so it shoots continuously, set iso, leave and come back later... Did I miss anything?

I'm disappointed in myself for not getting anything done yesterday. It was a bad day.

Well it all depends focus to infinity if you don't have foreground interest, if however you have some foreground interest focus on that (y) setting's wise it depends on the scene but it sounds like you have it :D

A POTD is real hard work :D that's why you need support I know I would not have made it to my 676th daily photo today without the support from TP (y)

MWHCVT said:
Well it all depends focus to infinity if you don't have foreground interest, if however you have some foreground interest focus on that (y) setting's wise it depends on the scene but it sounds like you have it :D

A POTD is real hard work :D that's why you need support I know I would not have made it to my 676th daily photo today without the support from TP (y)

Ok cool, I'll remember that!

It really is!! I had a few moments last night and this morning thinking maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I kicked myself again :LOL:

StephyB said:

Very nice :) great focus and DoF (y)

StephyB said:
Ok cool, I'll remember that!

It really is!! I had a few moments last night and this morning thinking maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I kicked myself again :LOL:

Well I'm here you can rant or even try and pick my brains for ideas :) though the latter is not always the best idea as to keep at it this long I must be a little nuts ;)

MWHCVT said:
Very nice :) great focus and DoF (y)

Well I'm here you can rant or even try and pick my brains for ideas :) though the latter is not always the best idea as to keep at it this long I must be a little nuts ;)

Yay! Thanks!!

vince31 said:
Some awesome shots Steph , i'm loving Day 3 shot 1 of the Butterfly a magical shot indeed.

Thanks very much!

Went through the photos from when I got the sx30, through to the latest ones last night - I was surprised to see there is improvement!! :LOL:

I'm having so much difficulty deciding on two for today - I have 8 that I love, but I can't seem to cull it down!!

Thanks!!

I can't decide on shot 2 though!!!

Sorry guys, had a bad couple of weeks at home - I've still had the camera out but I should really update this thread!! I'll get onto that later today.

Sorry guys, had a bad couple of weeks at home - I've still had the camera out but I should really update this thread!! I'll get onto that later today.

Look forward to it :D

Last edited:
I've worked out that I've missed the following days due to issues at home :(

The 10th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 16th and 19th... The 21st and 24th I took some, but none are good enough to go up on here...

But I am definitely back on track now. So here's the ones I've missed posting (finally), Hopefully in order....

14th November:

Shot 1

IMG_8204 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Shot 2

IMG_8202 by StephyB86, on Flickr

17th November

Shot 1

Untitled by StephyB86, on Flickr

Shot 2

IMG_8213 by StephyB86, on Flickr

18th November

Shot 1