Daily Steph's 365 from Saturday 3rd November

Thanks Matt! I'm still getting there slowly! One of todays will be a quick snap of my baby boy (dog :LOL: ) with yoghurt all over his face though :D

StephyB said:
Thanks Matt! I'm still getting there slowly! One of todays will be a quick snap of my baby boy (dog :LOL: ) with yoghurt all over his face though :D

:LOL: well at least you have an instant source of photos :D

Hi Steph, Really good shots here, especially Shot 2 from the 25th. Just trying to figure out how you took it, thats pretty high!

MWHCVT said:
:LOL: well at least you have an instant source of photos :D

:LOL: that's true!! Now to upload again....

vince31 said:
Steph i'm loving the clarity of the flower shots , I am jealous of some of those beautiful flowers(y)
Great Photography Steph

Thanks! Im always amazed by the flowers around here, there's always something new opening up in the yard - all of the flowers I've photographed are in my front or back yards, there's something to be said for having sun all year round!!

Dgr said:
Hi Steph, Really good shots here, especially Shot 2 from the 25th. Just trying to figure out how you took it, thats pretty high!

It's from a lookout overlooking the city at Mt Cootha - it's amazing up there, it's the first mountain on that side of the city and they've put a massive lookout, a restaurant and function centre and a lovely cafe up there, just a bit further down there's one of the two botanic gardens, and going further up the other way is Slaughter Falls (named after a man called slaughter, not some massacre - just to clarify!!)

Today's first - The heat here is so awful today even the flowers are crying...

Summer Heat by StephyB86, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful shots Steph :) Looking forward to the rest

Sorry for the delay, I'm on holidays at the moment and only on mobile, I'll get this thread updated when I'm home. I did get to visit the Cairns Wildlife Dome though, it was amazing!! I managed to get the photos onto Flickr and if you're interested you're welcome to have a look. I think this link will work http://www.flickr.com/photos/89311752@N05/8268587152/in/set-72157632231149183/

MWHCVT said:
Wilting under the heat, I know how that flower feels, I never perform well in really hot weather :(

Me either! But I'm more capable this year for some reason... It's not bothering me as much...

SamuelSlade007 said:
...after today's frost .... i am soooo jealous of this... :razz:

Hahahaha I bet you wouldn't be if you were here!!

carolthomasburns said:
Beautiful shots Steph :) Looking forward to the rest

Thanks! They should be up very soon!

Me either! But I'm more capable this year for some reason... It's not bothering me as much...

Hahahaha I bet you wouldn't be if you were here!!

Thanks! They should be up very soon!

See I don't have to worry about the heat we don't see it that often :D have a nice holiday :D

Very nice shot of the moon in daylight. Spot on composition, simple but effective.

You should have it made into a poster! Better still, do two and send me one!!!

Hmmm...let me think while I defrost my toes from the ice blocks.... :D

That's just teasing!!!!

See I don't have to worry about the heat we don't see it that often :D have a nice holiday :D

So is that!!! Thanks, it was a great holiday!

Very nice shot of the moon in daylight. Spot on composition, simple but effective.

You should have it made into a poster! Better still, do two and send me one!!!

:LOL: Thanks :) If you want to have it made into a poster I'm happy to send it to you so you can! :)

Shot 1 (and the only as it turns out) from the 28th November... And meet Batty :LOL:

IMG_9475 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Last edited:
Due to my incompetence with a computer it seems I don't have anything for the 29th and 30th of Nov :( Still not sure what I've done or how....

But Shot 1 from the 1st Dec (Tried a little HDR processing, I think it looks funky, but I may have over cooked it a little...)

IMG_9527-HDR by StephyB86, on Flickr

And shot 2:

IMG_9566 by StephyB86, on Flickr

(two different cars obviously...) I also have found I really hate editing.... :(

OH!!! Wait a minute!!! Yes I do!!! They're on the iPad :LOL: not on the computer...

Dammit... I should have it back again tomorrow I hope....

Shot 2 from the 4th December (The one that's supposed to follow "Summer Heat")

IMG_9865 by StephyB86, on Flickr

On the 10th visited St Monica's Cathedral in Cairns. It has the most amazing stained glass windows that I didn't even come close to doing justice to. This was the best shot of the lot and it only shows one panel:

IMG_0005 by StephyB86, on Flickr

And my attempt to be artistic:

IMG_0024 by StephyB86, on Flickr

13th December

Amethyst Python

IMG_1209 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Jade Vine or Strongylodon Macrobotrys - Absolutely amazing to see close up!

IMG_0987 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Last edited:
Some wonderful photo's Steph, I think your right that you've over cooked the HDR a little but a challenge like this should be about learning (y) so it no bad thing :clap: loving the seascapes though you may want to check your horizons there sloping a little :(

You seem to be under exposing quite a bit on a number of these, have you checked that your monitor is correctly calibrated?

I think I had the brightness up too high on the monitor last night :-/

So... After a lazy few weeks I'll be restarting this challenge on the 14th January... I've even set weekly themes (which I will stick to as much as possible but as long as I get one shot that captures the theme for the week I will be happy). Do I start a new thread or can I just add the restarted bit to the end of this one?

Oh... I also learnt that macs have a built in calibrator.... So I think my screen is properly calibrated now! :LOL: It'll probably help!!!

I think it's really up to you Steph, you can start a new thread if you wish, that maybe the best think, make a clean break as it were but as I say it's what you think will be best for you (y) so if yo want to restart this challenge then do that (y) my only thought for suggesting a new thread maybe better is because from the sounds of your plan it seems a little more planned so maybe a new thread for the new structure :thinking:

If you start a new thread (which would be a nice new beginning to your next challenge) please link this one in your first post, you have some amazing photos in here which I think others who missed them the first time round would like to see.

I will be starting a new thread later today, but this week will be iPhone photos & new edits of old photos as I'm playing nurse for my partner who is having all four wisdom teeth out at the same time today :( and stupid me forgot to bring the camera with me :(

Back