Steven's 365 Challenge!

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone!

I've decided to run this along with my 52 week challenge project. My aim is to improve my skills, start shooting more and have a better understanding about photography in general. I'll start off with this one from earlier today:

Last edited:
good eye contact :) Composition feels a bit cramped though

Thanks Dod - I know what you mean. I might try it again with more of the her chin in view.

Day 2

4255238838_69b9f3abd0_o.jpg

Tried to tell a story in this picture, but didn't get the image I wanted. My road tax has run out and due to complications I haven't been able to renew it for the last couple of days, so the bike has been my new form of transport :p

I find it really difficult to get a shot like this exposed right - Do I expose for the tax disk or the sky? It's hard to get a good balance.

Day 3

4258098144_2bde402391_o.jpg

Not the best of shots today I'm afraid. I was baby sitting with my GF tonight and grabbed my camera from the car to take some pictures of their dog. The little guy wouldn't keep still for a minute and TTL flash was doing absolutely nothing, producing near to black images every time. Switched the flash to manual and got some better results. Best of a poor bunch to be honest. Would've liked a wider apreature to get the nose in focus.

I'm thinking it may look better in black and white as well... :shrug:

Day 4

4259738597_25c3902072_o.jpg

Tried to create my own DIY lightbox today, but unfortunately it didn't quite work out - I need to buy some poster paper for the background and some tissue paper for the sides of the box, to allow more light to pass through. I did however get one half decent result :)

Here's today which I've just taken. I've just came back from work so quickly thought of an image and my guitar popped into my head - I started playing it again last night :) This is turning into a 366 project - I didn't know which too choose :p

Day 6

4267498486_c488c86574_o.jpg

The above shot was my original idea, then I tried the one below.

4267498820_d2a756f7b6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photo for day 7, it works nicely in black and white (y)
I get distracted too easily as well. I planned to get up early and do work all day...I haven't done anything :LOL:

Thank you :)

Lol I know the feeling. I think I'm going to have to disconnect the Internet and get some proper studying tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Day 9

4275406870_b75dea4cb5_o.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed with today's picture. I've been working all day (finished at eight) and came home and built a desk which I bought for myself, costing a whopping £13.50 :p That's me just got everything sorted and thought what better than to take a picture of the desk.

I'll get a better picture tomorrow, I promise :)

Day 11

4284880922_edd8a5f096_o.jpg

I'm starting to fall behind a little here! This is Day 11 - which was Saturdays attempt. Not a good shot by any means (I cut off the guy on the right), but I needed something!

I didn't actually manage to get a shot yesterday, but this one was taken nearly bang on midnight, so I'm letting myself off with that.

New one from today will be taken and posted later on :)

Day 12

Ok time for a bit of catch up! :bonk: Day 12 is above, another shot of my sister, this time me trying to be creative! :LOL: I think I prefer the b/w version but since I've lots of those already I thought I'd post the colour version too.

As always, you can click for a larger version.

Day 13 (yesterdays picture) won't be posted until later on. It's on someone else's memory card! I went to a dance show yesterday, took my camera but forgot to lift my memory cards. :bang::thumbsdown:

Day 13

4291439858_d688f241cd.jpg

It was my Girlfriends little sisters (best mums, second cousins, brother... ;)) dance show and I took the camera along to get some shots. Took it out and realised that I left my memory card in my laptop! :bonk: Anyway... Managed to borrow a memory card for 2 minutes and get a couple of shots.

I was shooting at 1600 ISO, lowest possible apeature and shutter speeds of around 60fps - hardly ideal conditions! I managed to get 1 or 2 keepers (if I'm lucky) out of the 2 minutes use.

Day 17

4297794399_bc0af37b82.jpg

A close friend of mine died a couple of years ago at an accident at work. Today would've been his 21st Birthday. In memory of him, his Mum and Dad gathered friends and family together to set off 21 Chinese Lanterns. Was a really nice sight to see them all drifting away.

As for the shot - I got a couple from today but the light conditions were terrible - there wasn't any! I think I like the atmosphere of this picture so thought I'd post it.

Day 19

4304830253_c49344aa79.jpg

That's me caught up again, but it's a new day now (technically) so I've got another one to take and post later on. I'm far too tired just now and have an early rise, must get some sleep! Sorry for the lack of variation of shots recently.

I really like the colour shot on day 12. Your DIY lightbox seems to be doing a good job so far too :)

Thank you, I'm using it too much for this! I want to go out and get something different today. I think I'll go get a night shot tonight after work :) I tried a self portrait yesterday - I'm hopeless at them, just not creative enough :shake:

Thank you, I'm using it too much for this! I want to go out and get something different today. I think I'll go get a night shot tonight after work :) I tried a self portrait yesterday - I'm hopeless at them, just not creative enough :shake:

Looking forward to seeing your shot later on today :)
Don't give up so soon! Thinking of some ideas beforehand instead of just going straight in to it might help. (Although that is slightly hypocritical of me as it's what i do :LOL:)

Back