Stick Men

Brilliant idea. I think they're all great, but it's good to see how your technique is progressing. Plus it's a nice little earner for you!

Brilliant idea. I think they're all great, but it's good to see how your technique is progressing. Plus it's a nice little earner for you!

Thanks. I fully believe there's a helluva lot out there to capture, just need to find the right places. A few favours here and there, mate's mates with businesses etc.

If I wasn't progressing I'd be worried! :D

Cheers guys. Hoping to get some better quality print finishes than the current canvas I'm using right now, which should improve the finished article massively.
Will hopefully find out Saturday.

I have to admit that I wasn't keen when I first opened the thread, but having looked through all the pics I really like them now (although some more than others) and am looking forward to seeing what else come up. :)

Really liek these. I can see the commercial appeal of these straightaway. My mind thinks that there would be some great greetings cards in them, as well as selling a different postcards, prints etc. Especially around the areas you shoot them in. The outdoor ones work more, and the more famous the location the better. I'm trying to think of any famous shots that you could recreate - tennis girl perhaps? One with the Olympic torch in it ready for next year?

One thing that did catch my eye was the motorbikes - if you shot the bike from the other side than the stand would not be so obvious, giving more of an illusion of stick man riding the bike.

ANd I really liked the one where he was sat on the bench with his back to us. Very creative.

I have to admit that I wasn't keen when I first opened the thread, but having looked through all the pics I really like them now (although some more than others) and am looking forward to seeing what else come up. :)

This is a really great idea and your doing it very well (y)

Really liek these. I can see the commercial appeal of these straightaway. My mind thinks that there would be some great greetings cards in them, as well as selling a different postcards, prints etc. Especially around the areas you shoot them in. The outdoor ones work more, and the more famous the location the better. I'm trying to think of any famous shots that you could recreate - tennis girl perhaps? One with the Olympic torch in it ready for next year?

One thing that did catch my eye was the motorbikes - if you shot the bike from the other side than the stand would not be so obvious, giving more of an illusion of stick man riding the bike.

ANd I really liked the one where he was sat on the bench with his back to us. Very creative.

Thanks guys! :D

I'll post more as I do them, honest!

Well it's getting to the time of year when I'm going to get out there and start again for winter.

I've got loads of ideas, some that will take a fair amount of time to create, some logistically difficult, and some I'm hoping to get some publicity with, be it good or bad!

Very creative and as others have said, some of the best of their type seen on this forum (y). Well done.

Have you thought about using different colour torches to add highlights to your figures (like an orange dot on the end of a white cigarette or set of imaginary red/yellow/green traffic lights :naughty:)!? Just a thought :shrug:.

Keep 'em coming.

Righto guys!

It's been a while, but the Stick Men are back!

Winter has arrived, they are coming!

559361_168047623340343_689595016_n.jpg

These are fab but I guess you gathered that by now :) Mind you it never hurts to recieve a compliment.

I would be chuffed to take some of these images without the stick men in them.
The men are icing on the cake.

Gaz

I missed this thread the first time around, but really glad to see you revive it, I've thoroughly enjoyed browsing through it (y)

The first ones were OK, but they've progressed amazingly throughout the course of this thread and the later ones are absolutely superb !!!

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with this season.

Righto guys!

It's been a while, but the Stick Men are back!

Winter has arrived, they are coming!

Aaaaarrrrrgghhhh There's a whole army of them !!!
:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

p.s. Since this thread was started the creative sub forum has been set up so I've just shifted this over there for you where it's a better fit.

Fantastic!!

These are fab but I guess you gathered that by now :) Mind you it never hurts to recieve a compliment.

I would be chuffed to take some of these images without the stick men in them.
The men are icing on the cake.

Gaz

I missed this thread the first time around, but really glad to see you revive it, I've thoroughly enjoyed browsing through it (y)

The first ones were OK, but they've progressed amazingly throughout the course of this thread and the later ones are absolutely superb !!!

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with this season.

Aaaaarrrrrgghhhh There's a whole army of them !!!
:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

p.s. Since this thread was started the creative sub forum has been set up so I've just shifted this over there for you where it's a better fit.

Many thanks guys. :) I've got a few to add to here one by one, but there are a few ideas knocking around that I need to try out.

IMG_0694 by donnyburger, on Flickr

Next on the list, this one!

A bit more difficult to draw, as I have to be able to reach to the bottom of the feet yet keep out of the way and continuity, but good fun nonetheless.

I quite like the setting on this one too, one that can be related to every day.

Posing for the camera... by donnyburger, on Flickr

Back