Sticky situation (literally)

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been thinking of selling some Star Wars collectable light sabres of my son's that was put up in the loft when he emigrated 3 years ago. They are in perfect condition except that the rubber on the grips have gone sticky. I have tried a couple of things to try and get rid of the stickiness but not having much luck. The best I have found is wiping them with silicone dash wipes which does the job for about an hour when the stickiness returns. I'm reluctant to try anything stronger as these things appear to be worth a bob or two. Anybody any ideas on what to try?

I think some of the guys in the film section have reported the same with old canon cameras grips.
Its the rubber breaking down.

Oh I forgot....

Talcum powder....non scented french chalk type.

I had some binoculars which developed a similar problem. I coated the rubber with talc...left a while, then cleaned off.
The stiickiness never returned.

I have no idea why.

Were Bob and Shirley in the 'Neighbours' version of Star Wars? And were they the droids?

Last edited:
Were Bob and Shirley in the 'Neighbours' version of Star Wars? And were they the droids?

Hey....that's just a rumour!

An Ogre meets Romulans - Star Shrek

Shrek Wars - A swamp do I live in, signs I put up, privacy would I like..

Not confident about the World Cup then?
Don't you bloody start!
Thats taking place less than two miles from me and the road infrastructer can't cope on a busy Satuarday afternoon,
let alone screaming hoards of fans decending on the out skirts what is in fact a quite-ish market town,
If I had my waw PW would be strung up by his Ghoolies for suggesting building the stadium there, and MKDC ( as it was)
Next to him for allowing him to bribe them do it!

Don't you bloody start!
Thats taking place less than two miles from me and the road infrastructer can't cope on a busy Satuarday afternoon,
let alone screaming hoards of fans decending on the out skirts what is in fact a quite-ish market town,
If I had my waw PW would be strung up by his Ghoolies for suggesting building the stadium there, and MKDC ( as it was)

You're only getting a bit of it, they're not all rockin up there on the same day :LOL:

You're only getting a bit of it, they're not all rockin up there on the same day :LOL:
Far too much of it TBH :(
1st 3rd & 6th it seems and they already are posting the advance warning signs for "roads closed" :(

Going back on topic I've wiped with vinegar before and this hardens the rubber again ;-)

Going back on topic I've wiped with vinegar before and this hardens the rubber again ;-)
Ah yes I remember doing that with conkers, now who was it having trouble with "Shaving" following a ( stupid) bet ?
Maybe that'll help them too (y)

Last edited:
These aren't the threads you're looking for.

(Sorry....couldn't resist) :)

Made my night did that! Ta very much........

I have a tsheba laptop that did the same thing , I took a chance on UPVC cleaner, Acetone I think (smell like peardrops) with gloves on and outside, it removed ALL the coating and left the plastic undamaged IF it worked you could then respray a similar coating back on? maybe

I would try the talc first though........

Last edited:
Don't you bloody start!

There are a few games here and it would seem that a large proportion of the cash available for road repairs is being spent on the approaches to the parking for the stadium, along with all the weed killer for gullies and pavements. Deep joy - traffic chaos on game days...

Back