Stolen image!!!!

Edit My Images
No
Hey folks I have a page on Facebook for my photos and I've just discovered a company using one of my photos advertising there company what should I do?

Got screenshots and speaking to company now but they have not apologised I've said if they want to use it then I want my name back on it and credit at a minimum if not I will report it on Facebook as that's where it is being used

with all due respect how many times has this been bought up on TP? Seems every other week someone gets their photo hijacked from one site or another.

What is the answer? maybe post such a low quality photo with a faint copyright across the middle will stop it, That is all i can think of, not the ideal but far better than the theft of a photo.

Got screenshots and speaking to company now but they have not apologised I've said if they want to use it then I want my name back on it and credit at a minimum if not I will report it on Facebook as that's where it is being used

A credit? What do you think that’s going to achieve?

with all due respect how many times has this been bought up on TP? Seems every other week someone gets their photo hijacked from one site or another.

What is the answer? maybe post such a low quality photo with a faint copyright across the middle will stop it, That is all i can think of, not the ideal but far better than the theft of a photo.

You would be surprised what calibre of companies had been caught using badly degraded and or watermarked illegit copies of my pics. Many are now talking to the lawyers :)
A credit line won't cut it. No, no, no, no. Cash sounds more like it for unauthorised use, making monetary gains, derogatory treatment of images, wilful removal of copyright information and more.

I say let 'em take it. They will be sorry, not me.

If you don't want the hassle of fighting it yourself, consider Pixsy (although their new updated website is horrific) or CopyTrack. I've had two cases won by Pixsy and paid out (Pixsy take half, so keep that in mind), and nothing with CopyTrack yet although they've found a couple of infringements and I have cases open.

Fighting it yourself is the way to get the most money from each case, using someone like Pixsy is the lower hassle option.

Last case Pixsy covered for me was an international pet food company who'd not just taken a shot of a dog, but photo-shopped their product into it.

Most of what I've done or sold has been word of mouth or seen and recommended by somone else

This company has already used your image so you should get paid for it.
Do you really think their customers are going to look at your credit and think to themselves "I really must contact this guy to buy a photograph"

This company has already used your image so you should get paid for it.
Do you really think their customers are going to look at your credit and think to themselves "I really must contact this guy to buy a photograph"
It's sorted out and in happy with my name being displayed and getting credit and the company has said they will contact me shortly with some work (paid) because they like the image.

It's sorted out and in happy with my name being displayed and getting credit and the company has said they will contact me shortly with some work (paid) because they like the image.

That sounds good - call me a cynic, but be sure to let us know when they give you a job and you get paid for it!
Glad you have a resolution that suits you.

That sounds good - call me a cynic, but be sure to let us know when they give you a job and you get paid for it!
Glad you have a resolution that suits you.
I will wait and see but the third party involved has been reported to Facebook he's displaying the photo as his main profile image cropped to keep my name off it

Back