Storm Barra sat. photo

Reporting gusts of 101kts(116mph) here at the moment.

It's been bad there,hasn't it. A constant wind speed of 74mph is what is required to define hurricane-force winds.

Last edited:
Just had some lightning off SW tip Cornwall.

Wind map.

Last edited:
Nothing very dramatic in Edinburgh yet. A brief snow shower around lunchtime, rain this afternoon and no high winds (or not by Edinburgh standards anyway)!

It's rained heavily all day up here in Sheffield but other than that, it's not as bad as the forecast (yet)

What storm? A bit of rain, a bit breezy, normal for Settle.

This one came out of the west and the centre of the Low much further south .The strongest winds are always on the south side . As it moves NE you will probably experience strong winds.

This one came out of the west and the centre of the Low much further south .The strongest winds are always on the south side . As it moves NE you will probably experience strong winds.
According to the local news the storm has now passed us. Seems we got away lightly . It was actually sunny late this afternoon.

Went for a coffee at the g*lf club and the 9th green was more a pond and still filling! (This was at 09:45ish.) Persisting down and blowing a hooley! By the time I went to pick Mrs Nod up from work at 14:00, the Sun was shining and the breeze was barely stiff.

Last time I took picture of a storm, I lost a lens.. lucky it was a cheap one :)

Storm Barra still blowing a hooley this morning in north Wales

Back