Storms brewing over Essex

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this evening and took loads of photos as the skies and light was good. here are just a few of the 250 shots I took.They are of Gosfield church and Gosfield lake.

Comments and criticism appreciated. I havent done any processing work on them and would appreciate ideas of how I could improve them.
Thanks
Sue

Sue, I think that these all look a little flat to be honest and need a tweak of levels in post processing, probably upping the contrast a little and also a sharpen. As pictures go, I'm not sure that the skies have been captured too well, possibly a little over exposed.

Also these look as though they have all been taken at eye level. Get down to ground level and things often look far more interesting. For example, at a lower level the debris on the last one would be more in frame and that would add some interest.

Hope that helps.

:agree:

If the subject of the images are the cloud formations or you want the cloud to give a sense of mood in the images, then these should really stand out. Try to burn this area a little in PP to increase the contrast

:agree:

If the subject of the images are the cloud formations or you want the cloud to give a sense of mood in the images, then these should really stand out. Try to burn this area a little in PP to increase the contrast

Thank you for your comment. I dont know what burning means in PP. I have phtoshop elements. Can I do it with that and if so how please?

Thanks
Sue

Sue, I think that these all look a little flat to be honest and need a tweak of levels in post processing, probably upping the contrast a little and also a sharpen. As pictures go, I'm not sure that the skies have been captured too well, possibly a little over exposed.

Also these look as though they have all been taken at eye level. Get down to ground level and things often look far more interesting. For example, at a lower level the debris on the last one would be more in frame and that would add some interest.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Sarah. I will do some post processing in the way you have described. Unfortunately due to disability I cant get down to ground level. It was something I should have thought of when I bought my Nikon D60 recently as it doesnt have live view so I can see what the camera is taking if I put the camera lower.Your comments are really appreciated.
Sue

I think the conditions wre not great - the light looks quite harsh, and the sky dull. In the right light? These would have been excellent.

Gary.

Back