Storyboarding

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all.

Like most, I just make short videos for fun. I have a selection of videos I want to shoot, but to make sure I don't miss anything, I'm considering the use of storyboards.

I've done this is the past at work when it was left to me to shoot some product videos. For this I just sketched ideas on paper.

However, I have had a quick Google, and see Adobe do something called "Story". Has anyone ever used this, or use some other sort of software? Fortunately I have access to Adobe CC, so if Story is part of the suite, I may try and download it.

Or is it a waste of time for short YouTube videos?

Oh, and by storyboarding, what I mean is rather sketching scene ideas down, as opposed to a script.

I normally just sketch it out in my notebook and then bullet point them on my phone. I found my clients appreciate me actually sketching, even though most of the time it looks like a 5yr old has drawn it.

Storyboarding is useful when you need to design the shot. It shows the type of visual you are trying to produce. It helps convey your concept to other people involved in the production. For a simple short You Tube video it's probably a bit over the top. You probably know what you are trying to achieve anyway. Any " talent" can simply be told what it is you want them to do.

From what I can see Storey is more of a screenplay and scheduling tool . Give it a try if you want

Last edited:
Back