Straight!

The liquid is on the huh!?

Seriously, great pic! (y)

Brilliant image Sarah, well done :clap:

Nicely done and presented - to be ultra, ultra picky they are not quite central and there is a tiny white strip on the right hand side (about level with the top of the blue)

I am going to have to get my glasses out and start playing with liquids again - made a right mess last time :D

Thanks Christine and thank you for being ultra picky I had missed the white strip and not being quite central, I will have a look later and correct!!:):)

Very imaginative, love it.

Love it Sarah that works really well and the execution is spot on (y) what I will say is that the table surface could have done with a little more cleaning as there are a few little specs on it, but at the end of the day this is a very minor thing and something that cold be fixed in PP very easily (y)

Matt

Love it Sarah that works really well and the execution is spot on (y) what I will say is that the table surface could have done with a little more cleaning as there are a few little specs on it, but at the end of the day this is a very minor thing and something that cold be fixed in PP very easily (y)

Matt

Hi Matt, thank you for your comments. Well spotted!!:) The specks are from some black paper that I put underneath the glass. At the moment I only have clear glass and that wasn't working so I decided to put some black paper underneath and I think what you can see are the flecks on the paper!

I'm hopefully going for a trip to Ikea tomorrow night to look for a black table top glass, I believe they also do it blue and green as well, which should give a cleaner surface but I might have a go at cleaning this one as well!:)

How are the water drops going, I'm hoping to have another go again this weekend!:)

Last edited:
Hi Matt, thank you for your comments. Well spotted!!:) The specks are from some black paper that I put underneath the glass. At the moment I only have clear glass and that wasn't working so I decided to put some black paper underneath and I think what you can see are the flecks on the paper!

I'm hopefully going for a trip to Ikea tomorrow night to look for a black table top glass, I believe they also do it blue and green as well, which should give a cleaner surface but I might have a go at cleaning this one as well!:)

How are the water drops going, I'm hoping to have another go again this weekend!:)

I've not done anything with the trigger for a couple of weeks I've just been a little distracted because my dad was in hospital for a few weeks :( but should have a play with the trigger again soon, I'm working on a dropper system to work with it :D

Matt

I've not done anything with the trigger for a couple of weeks I've just been a little distracted because my dad was in hospital for a few weeks :( but should have a play with the trigger again soon, I'm working on a dropper system to work with it :D

Matt

Hope your dad is ok matt and back home with you now!

Let me know how you get on with a dropper system as mine is very much a blue Peter job!!:LOL::LOL:

Yeah he is back home now and a lot better than he was, he is doing a lot more and is way more mobile (y) I will do (y) I thinking though I may have to engage the mind of my retired engineer neighbour (y)

Glad to hear that Matt!!:)

i look forward to seeing pics of your set up soon!!:):)

That's a great shot, Sarah, can I borrow you're imagination when you're finished with it?..

Hi Sarah,

Lovely execution of this old favourite.
Few questions if I may!

What did you use to hold the glass to the glass? Was it blue-tac?
What was your lighting setup?
Coloured liquid - was it food colouring and if so what wasd your ratio of colouring to water? Everytime I try and mix the two I never seem to get nice transparent colours.

Many thanks!

Hi Sarah,

Lovely execution of this old favourite.
Few questions if I may!

What did you use to hold the glass to the glass? Was it blue-tac?
What was your lighting setup?
Coloured liquid - was it food colouring and if so what wasd your ratio of colouring to water? Everytime I try and mix the two I never seem to get nice transparent colours.

Many thanks!

Thank you Stuart, I used double sided sticky tape to hold the glasses down but be warned if the tape gets wet it looses grip as I found out to my cost!:eek:!!
I had 1 flash underneath the table pointing at the background the rest was all natural!
I did use food colouring - the ratio I havent a clue!:LOL: I filled 3 glasses with water and dropped the colouring in until I was happy, I tried red but it was too thick the orange was far better and transparent. There are lots of coloured drinks in the shops which could be alternative but I havent tried these yet!

I hope this helps you and I look forward to seeing your results soon!!:)

Back