Strange artefact - any ideas?

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this this morning, I have really ramped up the dehaze on this rendition to make it obvious but the sky is half purple half blue. It looks a bit like lens flare but I was in shadow, any ideas what the cause is?

IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks all, I was asking just out of interest, I've binned it anyway.

Mist and low light? Rainbow effect?
It was misty lower down but reasonably clear higher up but you could be right, I shot quite few yesterday morning but this was the only one from that location in that direction and the sun is to camera left.

Is dehaze the only setting used here? I know HSL can cause some very odd artefacts as well. Or was a polariser used?
This was LR Auto adjust and then dehaze to illustrate the problem, no HSL, no polariser.

Was it over exposed? If so then you peg the highlights these sort of things can appear.
The exposure was pretty good, I noticed it when I pulled the highlights down a little but it was nowhere near as exaggerated as this.

With the sun in front of the camera, any filter may cause flare which is why I do not normally use them. The effect initially may be slight but just trying the dehaze filter on a misty image, the saturation is increased significantly.

Dave

Back