Strange & Familiar exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
http://manchesterartgallery.org/exhibitions-and-events/exhibition/strange-and-familiar/

I went to see this today and thought it was excellent. Well worth a visit. It was nice to see silver gelatin prints of photos by the likes of Henri Cartier Bresson and others. The only downside is that, upon investigating photo books by some of the photographers included, it turns out that many of them are out of print and copies cost hundreds of pounds. :(

I didn't realise this had come north. Pity it's Manchester. A place I have an irrational aversion to.

The only downside is that, upon investigating photo books by some of the photographers included, it turns out that many of them are out of print and copies cost hundreds of pounds.
Yup, if you see a photobook you like it's best to buy it as soon as it's published - they tend to be short runs and can become collectable. It also happens with photographic monographs and essays on niche subjects, I've been pleasantly surprised a couple of times when checking a book that's been sat on my shelf a few years against the current used book prices. Equally, if you spot a photobook in a charity shop for a couple of quid there's a very good chance it's worth a good bit more.

Back