Street candid portrait

Certainly a face that has been ravaged by time ... and other things by the look of it!
It's a good study of this character and like Robert it leaves me with questions about him :)

This is a perfect candidate for a conversion…
since the ethyllic texturing is quite enough
without its colouring effect

Very cool characterful catch!

Thats a fab photo !

I thought that wide angle lenses that close distort faces. "Not meant as an insult, thats just what I have read along the way" this looks really great.

Gaz

That's a gem for sure, love that kind of portraits and it looks like a very interesting subject that I can only imagine every moment after the photo will start telling stories

For a street candid that's brilliant. Great sharpness and detail. I'd be happy with that shot if it was posed and lighting used!!

I do a lot of street photography and that image is a good catch. As Kodiak stated he is a candidate for discussion. He has a well worn face that tells a story that I would like to know. He looks very much like my brother who is an alcoholic.
He looks too clean to be on the street. Does he work? Has he a family? His eyes tell it all and then of course there is the nose and blood spots. That face has a great story to tell. If it makes the viewer ask these questions then your work has been well done.
You have also respected the person by not making disparaging comments, unfortunately others have done that for you. This is where street photography goes wrong. Excellent shot, unfortunately some not so excellent comment.

Nice shot with lots of character and lots to look at...
oldish but well cared for everything, hair cut within last few weeks, not your down and out. Must be a story....

better format here and a great background...ie none
the expression is surely candid and the persona well used
cheers
geof

Back