Street Challenge: Finished. 340+ Images :)

All great Gary, but #10 is fantastic.

:thinking: Also, could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong above. Don't think my pictures will have posted properly. I uploaded to Flickr, then right clicked on the picture and copied the link.

Alex

1. In Flickr, click on "all sizes" above your picture then choose "2. Grab the photo's URL:" then, highlight and copy the URL.
2. In TP click "insert image" from the icons on the menu then past the URL. For several pictures you have to do it repeatedly. Easiest way is to have two tabs, one for Flickr and one for TP.

Easy peasy :)

Wow, thanks mate - I was not sure if people would like them, it all feels so wrong at times :LOL:.

Some great sets here all in all.

Interested though that you are using spot metering and manual exposure, because you do seem to get the exposure right and a nice sharpness to your shots. I would have used matrix metering and aperture priority, even program auto because you don't get a lot of time with street photography. Which lens have you used for these?

Interested though that you are using spot metering and manual exposure, because you do seem to get the exposure right and a nice sharpness to your shots. I would have used matrix metering and aperture priority, even program auto because you don't get a lot of time with street photography. Which lens have you used for these?

Don't forget the magic ingredient making this setup possible...Auto ISO!

I used the 24 to 70 on the D3.

Gary.

Also I use spot as I want to ensure the face has the correct exposure, and will gladly sacrifice other scene elements if needed.

Gary.

Not sure if this qualifies as street, but I took it on a road if that helps :p

3129296882_604a1f21b6_o.jpg

shot on my all time favourite film, ADOX CHS 25

great work from the rest of you guys, great idea for a thread and challenge :clap:

Also I use spot as I want to ensure the face has the correct exposure, and will gladly sacrifice other scene elements if needed.

Gary.

Interesting, makes sense. Would never have thought of doing that myself, centre weighting perhaps, but not spot.

Wow, EdinburghGary, your shots are amazing.

They have that little bit extra that just makes them special.

The pictures you posted in here are exactly the kind of sharpness and detail that I am aspiring to. Really inspirational stuff.

What lens did you use for the shots?

Wow, EdinburghGary, your shots are amazing.

They have that little bit extra that just makes them special.

The pictures you posted in here are exactly the kind of sharpness and detail that I am aspiring to. Really inspirational stuff.

What lens did you use for the shots?

Awww thanks :D Still got a long way to go, however I am happy at the weeks progress. 7 days ago, I was terrified of pointing my camera at strangers. Today, 2nd nature.

The lens is epic, Nikkor 24 to 70, f2.8. I cannot fault it.

Gary.

Gary, that lens does look good. I'm hoping the Canon 24-70L 2.8 can go some way to matching it.

I'm going to have to make do with my two entries, until the next challenge. The judges have definitely got their work cut out.

Not been through my pics from today properly, but think this is my favourite:

20081222211728_dsc_2509.jpg

Ok I got a few more to add :p

1. Lovely Lady (more street portrait I guess)

2. Looks a little lost

3. "You alright up there?"

4. Santa!

5. The Wizzard of Booze

6. Feed Me! (not too sure about this one)

7. "oooo, look at this tat"

8. On the shoulders of evil

So I was having a cup of coffee after some Christmas shopping late this afternoon and I had my Fuji F10 compact with me so, just for fun, placed it on the café table edge and fired it with the self timer
I saw this thread and thought why not? It’s different, certainly not as good as the others here, but different. I know it won’t win and I’m pretty sure it won’t be well liked, but hey it is a street scene!

shop_sml.jpg

Gary are you sure you're not telling porkies?

A year ago you'd never used a camera?
7 days ago you were scared of street photography?

Every style you attempt you nail. (y) I'm looking forward to the next part of your journey. What's it to be?

Aw, you got me processing even more shots now!

Feel like I am cheating slightly with these, as most people were expecting to get their photo taken, so were happy to look at the camera and smile. Still I class them as street :p

1. Couple of likely lads

2. "You lookin' at me?"

3. "Look into my eyes"

4. Hot Chocolate, mmmm

5. Carol singers really getting into the spirit

6. Torchlight procession

7. And again

8. Step right up!

Well it was a bit of a disastrous day today!
I got up early to drive into town, but as I pulled away my tyre popped. I got the spare out & changed it but the car was still to low down.
A quick phone call &the man from the AA arrived & told me that the shock had snapped & had stuck into the tyre.

So without a car I dug out the bike from the shed & cycled into town. I had a chat with a security guy at Cabot Circus, who explained that I could get a pass from the management office which would allow me to take pictures inside Cabot Circus.

I started off in Manual but struggled a bit so switched to AV mode.
I found it quite daunting at first, but with my newly acquired pass clipped to my lapel I felt a little more confident.

I lost a lot of great shots due to focusing issues,(about 80% per OOF) but managed to get a few keepers.
I shall be returning as soon as I can, and hopefully have plenty of decent light left this time.

And thanks to Gary for the exteded time limit!

Sorry it’s a bit drawn out!

cabotcircus.jpg

cabotcircus9.jpg

cabotcircus10.jpg

cabotcircus7.jpg

cabotcircus8.jpg

cabotcircus3.jpg

cabotcircus6.jpg

cabotcircus4.jpg

cabotcircus11.jpg

cabotcircus5.jpg

Regards Spence

1. In Flickr, click on "all sizes" above your picture then choose "2. Grab the photo's URL:" then, highlight and copy the URL.
2. In TP click "insert image" from the icons on the menu then past the URL. For several pictures you have to do it repeatedly. Easiest way is to have two tabs, one for Flickr and one for TP.

Easy peasy :)

Thanks Aberal, I got there in the end. :)

Entries 186 and 187 in your Challenge thread are the same Gary.

Thanks let me sort that! I will need to go over the entire thread to ensure nothing has been missed :bang:

Gary are you sure you're not telling porkies?

A year ago you'd never used a camera?
7 days ago you were scared of street photography?

Every style you attempt you nail. (y) I'm looking forward to the next part of your journey. What's it to be?

14th December 2007 :D

And absolutely terrified :D

Ok chaps and chapettes... A little late, but hey!

Here are 10 shots that I took today when walking round London with Foggy.

_DSC0156.jpg

_DSC0159.jpg

_DSC0174.jpg

_DSC0200.jpg

_DSC0204.jpg

_DSC0205.jpg

_DSC0220.jpg

_DSC0225.jpg

_DSC0226.jpg

_DSC0229.jpg

Hope you like!

No more photo's! TIME IS UP

:D

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!

PS - Please ignore the FONT, Mike, from IRC asked for it. He's funny that way.

Congrats to everyone that had a go ... not an easy task and I for one will look at this genre with a great deal more respect in future. :clap:

So what happens now?

Tony

I copy all images into the other thread, and let Duncan take over! he has some guest Judges lined up, this has been awesome fun, and I feel I have turned a corner, strictly with regards to confidence. I hope others have gained in experience too.

Back