Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics I took today, feedback appreciated

blog-1.jpg

blog-2.jpg

blog-3.jpg

blog-4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not keen on the first but the rest are all strong. The selective colour on the second and the processing on the third work very well.

Phil

Thanks a lot, it's a project I have started with the aim to improve my skills and I like the challenge of creating an image with very little time : )

1st does nothing for me. I'm just not sure what's going on - it doesn't tell a story

2nd one does nothing for me, the selevtive colour ruins it, and even without selective colour I don't think it'd improve it - in my opinion.

3rd - again nothing for me. it's just a photo of a man with nothing more than that.

4th - well that's a different story. undoubtedly a great shot! I think I may have been inclined to use a less shallow depth of field - but it doesn't take anything away from the shot. The roll up inbetween his fingers caps it off, I like what it adds.

I like the way 3 and 4 go together (the same processing for both might be nicer for the "story" though?). You see 3 and think "so what", then you get 4 and it makes you think more about the history of 3. Well it did for me anyway :)

Thanks jj-glos, I agree about the processing, the second picture belongs with the last as well. I was jus messing about during post processing. I might change the third one to b&w to improve the story telling. : )

I like the way 3 and 4 go together (the same processing for both might be nicer for the "story" though?). You see 3 and think "so what", then you get 4 and it makes you think more about the history of 3. Well it did for me anyway :)

Agreed. In 3 you assume the guy is an easy going, trendy urban type, with his media-glasses, check shirt and shearling coat. In 4 you start to think differently, as "skin-head" carries a very different connotation these days and it doesn't suit the image of him you (or maybe it's just me) invent from pic 3.

Really think there's mileage with these two pics.

Cheers

I really like 3 & 4.

4 i spent quite a while looking at, then spent quite a while looking between 3 & 4 to see if its the same person.

Agreed. In 3 you assume the guy is an easy going, trendy urban type, with his media-glasses, check shirt and shearling coat. In 4 you start to think differently, as "skin-head" carries a very different connotation these days and it doesn't suit the image of him you (or maybe it's just me) invent from pic 3.

Cheers

Really?? What connotation does Skinhead have these days then?? Stereotypical, Nazi, knuckle trailing thug I suppose. Media hyped nonsense. Gimme a break!!!!:bang:

The clothes he has on are typical Skinhead clobber. Gingham button down shirt, sheepskin jacket even the Trojan finger ring and mutton chop sideburns. Classic Skinhead to anyone who knows.

The Dof in No 4 works perfectly.(y)(y) I'd maybe clone out the light area in the bottom left corner tho.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, where were the Skinhead pics exactly taken? I don't know the bloke but I'm sure some of my mates will know him.

Cheers Brash!!!!

Really?? What connotation does Skinhead have these days then?? Stereotypical, Nazi, knuckle trailing thug I suppose. Media hyped nonsense. Gimme a break!!!!:bang:

The clothes he has on are typical Skinhead clobber. Gingham button down shirt, sheepskin jacket even the Trojan finger ring and mutton chop sideburns. Classic Skinhead to anyone who knows.

The Dof in No 4 works perfectly.(y)(y) I'd maybe clone out the light area in the bottom left corner tho.

You answered your own question, skinheads have a more marked and pigeon holed connotation nowadays.

Last edited:
1st does nothing for me. I'm just not sure what's going on - it doesn't tell a story

2nd one does nothing for me, the selevtive colour ruins it, and even without selective colour I don't think it'd improve it - in my opinion.

3rd - again nothing for me. it's just a photo of a man with nothing more than that.

4th - well that's a different story. undoubtedly a great shot! I think I may have been inclined to use a less shallow depth of field - but it doesn't take anything away from the shot. The roll up inbetween his fingers caps it off, I like what it adds.

:agree:

You answered your own question, skinheads have a more marked and pigeon holed connotation nowadays.

Only to the ill informed and ignorant.

Back