Street - Portraiture

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Street photography I have experience in and portraiture I'm just getting into. I'm not sure which of the above these two shots fall into?

Bit of background first - these were shot a few weeks ago in Kraków main square using my 300mm lens from some distance away:

Any feedback or constructive criticism is appreciated as I feel it's one of the best ways to learn.

If I had taken these then I would have classed them as 'street candids', mind you I am not sure about using a 300mm it does seem a bit long to me :)

Though your PP work is far more obvious in the first take, I believe your renditions attempts
do not match the great potential of these two very cool shots!

For me they're not quite polished enough - from a lighting & processing point of view - to be really successful portraits, candid or not - and don't show enough context to be successful street photography. I suspect that 300mm is just a bit too long :thinking:.

The only reason these can be classed as street photography is that is where they were taken IMHO.
These are candid portraits, as there is no interaction with the subject, and no context.

Back