Struggling with Sony A6000

Edit My Images
No
I have a Sony A6000 with the kit 16/50mm lens, I have been shooting a lady friend who sells clothes on eBay at 3/5 ISO auto, auto focus in ap mode indoors, handheld, natural light and the camera will not produce a sharp image.
Is this kit lens pretty naff or am I just doing something wrong?
I've done exactly the same thing on a cheap Canon dslr and had stonking results.

So many questions... What's 3/5? What's the shutter speed? Are you using some fancy auto focus mode when the camera decides what to AF on etc...

I've not had an A6000 but as far as I know it's a capable camera and should be at least a match for a "cheap Canon DSLR," in fact almost anything should probably be at least a match for a cheap Canon DSLR.

First thing to check is that you can get decent images in general from the camera - try taking a shot outside in decent daylight, of a static subject (Eg your house) - does that turn out as OK?
If not, there might be a problem with the camera.
If it does, it's then a case of working out what is going wrong when you're trying to get the shots indoors

Take some pics like Jonathan said and throw them up here... Throw a few that you've already taken on as well.

Could be the camera, but I suspect it's user error (no offence btw!)

I have a Sony A6000 with the kit 16/50mm lens, I have been shooting a lady friend who sells clothes on eBay at 3/5 ISO auto, auto focus in ap mode indoors, handheld, natural light and the camera will not produce a sharp image.
Is this kit lens pretty naff or am I just doing something wrong?
I've done exactly the same thing on a cheap Canon dslr and had stonking results.

Shutter speed, probably too low.

So many questions... What's 3/5? What's the shutter speed? .
Possibly means f/3.5

Agree with Johnathan's and Adam's suggestions. The best way to get advice about photos that have not come out the way you wanted is to let others see the shots; make sure the shots have details of the aperture, shutter spped and ISO too.

Tend to agree with Adam, user error (and we have all done it - and continue to do it from time to time) is much more comon than camera error.

Dave

I have an a6000 with the 16-50 kit lens. It's perfectly capable of getting "sharp" shots if used with care. I think there must be something wrong with you technique - describe it more fully and let's see some examples with shutter speed data etc..

Back