weekly Stuart Pearson's 52 for 2023 - Week 31 - Abandoned

Week 15 - Snappers Choice

Anyone who has looked at my TP 52 journey would come to the conclusion I am more comfortable creating images where I can control all the elements . To this is not a type of image I would normally post but it has grown on me, taken in the evening while walking near Callendar House in Falkirk.

Tree Line
by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Love shot of the two pints! Love the bubbles and the froth you've captured in the drinks, but the light in the shadows is wonderful,

The tree line for your choice is nicely composed, caught some strong silhouettes there to show the bare branches

Smooth - showing my age, I saw the T and thought Tetleys! Nicely lit shot
Snappers - the line leads they eye very nicely through the image.

Week 16 - Connected

A bit of a shoehorn here with my photo taken whilst in Flaam, Norway. It was one of the stops on a cruise to the Fjords. The "connected" is the carriages of the tourist train being joined together, I'm on the same type of vehicle when taking the photo.

Flaam, Norway

Last edited:
Week 17 - Liquid

I did see this as being more colourful but the mixing didn't have the desired effect. It is a close up of the glass with a layer of vegetable oil on the top. 7 different coloured drops of water have been added to the glass.

Rainbow Drops

Last edited:
Connected is nice and bright, don’t think it’s a shoehorn really as they are connected, big problem if not.
I see what you mean about not being very colourful, I’m sure there will be guides on the net and YouTube but I’m pretty sure fairy liquid is usually added and have seen some where they have backlit the glass. Anyways bump and someone who has had more experience might comment.

Week 19 - Fragile

So this is what happens when you have too much on a shelf and try to move one of the items. I found out this egg type timer was more fragile than I was thought. The iron fillings all fell out and had to be scooped up, I'm sure there will be other foreign bodies in there now!
Taken with a mobile phone using my 3D printed paper holder to provide a seamless background.

More fragile than I thought by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 22 - Irregular

This image was created by adding irregular shaped ice on top of a backlit iPad screen with an old screen protector in between to protect the electronics. Taken on a mobile phone an editing using the built in iPhone photo editor.

Ice Patterns

Thanks, it is amazing seeing all the different variations in the ice, with at least part looking like a landscape (to me anyway)

Nicely composed and lit. Airline food and 0% beer bring rubbish?

I'm getting a slight sense we're not on an aeroplane? It works well though!

Last edited:
I'm getting a slight sense we're not on an aeroplane? It works well though!
You are correct, here is the original image for the "window" element. I had seen a similar image on Facebook where you pretend you have been on a plane by taking a photo through a milk container. Unfortunately the gap for the handle was not as wide as I hoped and needed to manipulate to make it look better. I didn't think about the beer being rubbish at 0%, the two items were just taken from the recycling bin for the photo.

IMG_0209.jpeg

Excellent work. I see now what you'll have done, but no real giveaways in the image still.
Thanks for the explanation.

Week 26 - Watching

It was great fun capturing the planes flying in and out of Ibiza airport, taken with my 100-300mm zoom lens on a Panasonic micro four thirds camera.

Plane Spotting

Last edited:
Week 28 - Unsightly

Architecture like any other form of arm has the potential to polarise opinion on its relative merits, the top of The St James Quarter in Edinburgh is one where I'm definitely in the dislike camp and would go as far to term it "unsightly"

Any Redeeming Features?

Last edited:
A good catch up set.

I'm a little confused about some of the sequencing of your posts above, and the empty placeholder posts, relative to the main thread. For example Fragile, I haven't searched, but my first thought was it hadn't been posted in the main thread. You may want to check, and later check the Scrolls. :)

You may want to check, and later check the Scrolls. :)
Thanks for the pointers, I have confused things a bit with placeholders, hopefully I can get more up to date sooner than later. Although "unsightly" has me stumped!
I have confirmed I did post Fragile in the main thread and the scrolls show I'm ticked up to week 27.

Good catch up. I'm not sure about the architecture... I see it as rather elegant although it's not in context so it could be badly placed. Like the grittiness of the pub graffitti.

Week 32 - Possession

It's a while since I've been here, despite searching in vain through my archives I'm not going to complete the full set of weekly themes. Photography has taken a bit of a back seat and I'm only managing any during holidays.

So here is my first image which is the latest addition to my tattoo sleeves and was carried out during a 7 hour session at the annual convention in Brussels In November.

Latest addition

Week 33 - Machine

Technically, it is a machine, albeit a small one. Taken during the Edinburgh Fringe with a 100-300 lens on my camera, I'm assuming the lens size was how I was spotted by the subjects, even though I was across the other side of the road.

Spotted

Back