weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 51 - Decor(ate)

That's a great picture, very clever. Many thanks for the 'how to' shot, a lot of work and very well done.

I presumed you had caught the fruit while they were being dropped - hats off to your diligent cloning work.

Love the thread just poking through the eye, with the hint of the rest of it OOF behind. Very nicely taken!
Probably make sense to be a thread in the eye, but it's actually a second smaller needle. I was hoping to have the second needle straight through but didn't have access to one big enough, a wool one would have been ideal. Maybe a thread wouldn't have looked as clear in the eye.

Hi Stuart

I have seen the film a long long time ago, is this part of the title sequence?

Fits the theme anyway.

Pete

I've got the opening music in my head now... The face in the background is great - how did you achieve the effect?
It is a single 30 second exposure, the green dots/lines are a laser point being moved in a vertical plane on a black background about 3m away from the camera, the laser has an adaptor that allows the single dot to be replicated both horizontally and vertically. This process took around 6 seconds, with about 10 seconds left I have stood between the camera and the background and shone a light in my face.

Such a clever shot and very well executed.

It is a single 30 second exposure, the green dots/lines are a laser point being moved in a vertical plane on a black background about 3m away from the camera, the laser has an adaptor that allows the single dot to be replicated both horizontally and vertically. This process took around 6 seconds, with about 10 seconds left I have stood between the camera and the background and shone a light in my face.

Interesting process, thanks for sharing. Matrix is the first thing I thought of!

Great sense of scale having a person in the shot. Very tall trees!

Hi Stuart,

Narrow - Works nicely in B&W and great to see the leading line actually have a pay off, in the person at the end (y)
Snappers - The golden light of the autumn leaves really pops from the darkening blue sky.
Digital Age - Very Matrixy, though not (as it's not text). Funnily enough I suspect most techies have their terminal windows set to the matrix green on black, as it's the default for old 3270 emulators and we've all gotten used to it.
Sharp - As hard as I look, I can't see any Angels dancing !
Food - Wow, that must have taken a fair bit of work to get looking as good as the finished image !

What are we looking at Stuart? Whatever it is, I like it. Great tones, very abstract, excellent.

What are we looking at Stuart? Whatever it is, I like it. Great tones, very abstract, excellent.
Thanks, it's two paper Tubes from rolled up pieces of A4 paper, with the tighter rolled one inside the wider one. The tubes are sitting on a diffused side panel from a photography cube with a torch positioned below shining upwards, the camera is mounted on a tripod pointing down above the tubes.

I'm glad for the explanation! I was looking and looking and couldn't work out which but was in relief and which was flat. Very abstract, and great control of the shadows - very nice.

Last edited:
Nice abstract Stuart (y)
and I had no idea what I was looking at either :D

Paper - lovely abstract image

Camera - the vintage style processing really suits your subject which looks like a very old camera! I really like the composition - it's leaving me guessing what the rest of it looks like.

Camera - the vintage style processing really suits your subject which looks like a very old camera! I really like the composition - it's leaving me guessing what the rest of it looks like.

Thanks, Its a Kodak 620 junior camera that I was gifted a few years ago (birthday present), it's at least 55 years old as there was a undeveloped film in it when received which when developed had images of the Bo'ness gala day in 1965 (4 photos out of 9 were successfully processed), which is a town about 5 miles from where I stay!! I posted the photos on the local Bo'ness Facebook page, a couple of people recognised relatives. It was also picked up by an independent news organisation and actually appeared as a written snippet in that week's Sun newspaper!!

62272A8C-CA7C-493B-812C-77A4B70331D6.jpeg 947C69A1-5195-40DD-B7DB-FFE40A8F6F0D.jpeg

Wow
Thanks, Its a Kodak 620 junior camera that I was gifted a few years ago (birthday present), it's at least 55 years old as there was a undeveloped film in it when received which when developed had images of the Bo'ness gala day in 1965 (4 photos out of 9 were successfully processed), which is a town about 5 miles from where I stay!! I posted the photos on the local Bo'ness Facebook page, a couple of people recognised relatives. It was also picked up by an independent news organisation and actually appeared as a written snippet in that week's Sun newspaper!!

View attachment 300875 View attachment 300876
What a great story and how lovely for those relatives. Now I see the big picture, it looks vaguely like a camera my father used to own - would have been in the 60s. I don't know whatever happened to that.

I gave my daughter one of my film cameras that had film in from about 18 years ago. She got it developed in the last few months, so that was fun to see - pics of family outings from when the children were small :)

Back