Stunning timelapse

that was great. how would you do something like that? would you need a tripod on wheels to get the smooth movement?

Looks like he used one of the dynamic perceptions rigs according to the link under video, amazing looking piece of kit and a stunning video

ahh okay, i hadn't heard of those before. There are some great videos out there using them, too bad it isn't quite as simple as adding some wheels to my tripod then, lol.

If you watch his other mountain video, he's managed to get that 6' dolly rig to some pretty out of the way locations!

Thanks for sharing Andy, I haven't seen it posted anywhere before.

Last edited:
Very cool, one of the best time lapses I've seen. The music goes really well too.

If you watch his other mountain video, he's managed to get that 6' dolly rig to some pretty out of the way locations!

Thanks for sharing Andy, I haven't seen it posted anywhere before.

Thanks, Andy :D, wow, really liked them and I really like how he maintains foreground and 'rule of thirds' interest in some of the shots!

I wasn't sure how he did them, I thought he might have used some software to zoom and pan....

Cheers.

I had a go at cloud timelapse in my back garden, took a picture every three seconds on the tripod, and then tied everything together using QuickTime Pro (which can do it automatically). The result was surprisingly good for a complete beginner.

I ought to load up onto YouTube sometime with some atmospheric music :)

Mike, how simple is it to do in QTPro? Is it fairly obvious? Might have a go at this later this afternoon.

it couldn't be simpler, just click "File" then "Open Image Sequence". Hey presto a timelapse! Then you can just export in the format of your choice.

I had a go at cloud timelapse in my back garden, took a picture every three seconds on the tripod, and then tied everything together using QuickTime Pro (which can do it automatically). The result was surprisingly good for a complete beginner.

I ought to load up onto YouTube sometime with some atmospheric music :)

Do it, I'd like to see it.

it couldn't be simpler, just click "File" then "Open Image Sequence". Hey presto a timelapse! Then you can just export in the format of your choice.

I had some problems with this, but I discovered I wasn't clicking on the last image on the folder. But it is quite fast and effective.

I did a sequence of my daughter after taking a photograph every day for 3 months but the composition was off and it didn't quite work.

I'm toying with the idea of driving out to the Yorkshire Dales, parking my car, walking up one of the mountains and setting up my tent. Then setting up my camera for an overnight timelapse.

Bit scarery though...:runaway:

Cheers.

it is a bit jerky, the original wasn't, I think that must be the video conversion I used.

http://www.vimeo.com/19442173

I should have left it going into dusk and darkness to see what happened. Can't remember what mode I had the camera in.

it is a bit jerky, the original wasn't, I think that must be the video conversion I used.

http://www.vimeo.com/19442173

I should have left it going into dusk and darkness to see what happened. Can't remember what mode I had the camera in.

Greats first attempt Mike.

I'd like to do one later into the day when it's getting dark.

I was drawn to the bird/squirrel in the right tree around 16 seconds.

Cheers.

Mike
can I ask how many shots you actually took ? for that vid.

I think the transition into night, or from night into day gives some of the best timelapse.

The squirrel was unexpected, as was all the crows/rooks going to roost at dusk.

I think it was around 700 shots. Clearly it is not for those who like low shutter counts with their cameras. It certainly seems to be something saved for now and again, with the very best shooting conditions. It would be a good job for an old end of life camera body were absolute image quality is no longer paramount.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fk9EBOOAYiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope that works,tilt shift timelapse.
The most amazing timelapse i've ever watched.
Like tonka toys in some scenes.
Incredible footage IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9EBOOAYiU

That should work lol

Last edited:
Back