Stupid question no.1

Edit My Images
Yes
:help: Not sure where to put this, and unfortunately it's nothing to do with photography, but the site in general ...

When I'm viewing a thread with images, I get a message saying 'the site you're viewing is trying to show images hosted at www.talkphotography.... 'then asks for username and password. When I put these in, it doesn't recognise them, just asks again.

Am I doing something wrong? Missing something blindingly obvious? :thinking:

Hi Terri - there's no stupid questions round here - just good ones waiting for answers.

I can't help with the problem, but I'm sure Matty or one of the guys will swoop down soon and help.

I too have had that message when I tried linking a pic from the gallery to my blogsite. Does it happen when you've logged in?

Allan

Thanks Allan, yes I'm logged in and getting the message.

Will wait for one of the guys to swoop on me! :D

No question is a silly question.

Just flag the threads to the site staff, and we'll fix the links to the images.

Ahh consider me swwwwwwwooooooping down :D

Short answer : Just click cancel and pretend you never saw it...lol

Proper answer : Basically, this pops up when there are images in the thread, that are hosted on our old gallery domain www.tpfgallery.com (Where our Free members galleries used to be stored).
To prevent other sites from linking to our images, and basically 'leeching our bandwidth' we had to turn site wide protection on...unfortunately, it also includes protection from us...so thats why.

If anyone sees these, could you just hit the RTM button, which looks like this :
report.gif
. Click the icon under any of the posts in that thread, it doesnt matter, and we'll get a message, so we can come along and fix the links to make sure the images show up correctly :)

See? No question is a stupid one (y)

Hi terri,

I don't think it's anything at your end, i was getting the same message myself last night on random threads.
The annoying thing was they were working next time i tried to view them so I couldn't get a chance to see what was doing it.

Are you on firefox or IE?

Marcel, i'm not so sure it's just our old links m8, i think i was looking at new threads when it was doing it.

It was a few, probably older ones - can't remember which ones now!
I'm on IE.
Next time it happens I'll click the little road sign.
Thanks for speedy help!

No worries, just click the sign...you don't even have to elaborate, just put "pasword popups" and click go...and we'll do all the rest :)

i would have swooped, but my internet hamster is still critical.....its little furry internet body is broken and battered..

Back