Sudden change in images.

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all!
The past few weeks most of my images have been coming out like this... these are from this morning and it was really frustrating as they could have been goodish.

807A0990

807A1009

807A1023
807A0994

This was also from today and it turned out fine..

807A0999

I don't know if its a settings thing or a focussing one because sometimes the focus looks as though its too the side..

Last edited:
what's your exif data? also, what's the difference you're seeing between the first three and the last?

what's your exif data? also, what's the difference you're seeing between the first three and the last?

Hiya,
So these were on a 7D MK2 with the Sigma 150-600 C.
ISO - 500 (Possibly too high?)
SS - 1/2000
F/6.3

The last one has detail, appears in focus in comparison whereas the others have none and look terrible - for lack of another explanation haha.

Your images are fine after been run through Topaz AI Sharpen. Can't post the result as you have edit my images = No.

Looks like technique to me on this occassion.

Dougie.

Your images are fine after been run through Topaz AI Sharpen. Can't post the result as you have edit my images = No.

Looks like technique to me on this occassion.

Dougie.

Oh really! Thats helpful! Its happened a few other times too, with the morning light.. usually when I drag my camera to the yard with me to get something decent!
Have changed the edit settings (didn't know that was there!)
Cheers Dougie :)

There's motion blur in the middle three images. The images of the ducks have blown whites, and with direct lighting you won't get much detail (no shadows=no details)... the egret is a bit more side lit. Wide open @ 600mm isn't the sharpest setting for that lens... f/8 is typically better, but you would need to test your particular lens/combo to see what is optimal.

the first and fourth look like motion blur to me. the second and third look like they're out of focus. birds in flight are hard to focus on.

Personally I would drop your speed somewhat and close down to F11. You will lose a little bokeh but you'll better control depth of field and 1/1000 will happily freeze motion.

Thanks guys! I will play around with those tomorrow when I return. And have a little fiddle today!
It was very disappointing as I was tracking them and they looked in focus in the viewfinder but what I got wasn’t what I saw haha.

Back