Sunday Mirror & Sunday Telegraph Sports Sections

jamesb84

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have either?

I'm looking for both the newspapers sport sections from Sunday 8th August.

If you've got them, could you send me a specific page...PM me for details. I'll pay postage too if necessary!

Could someone also get me today's Evening Standard as well?!?!

Try http://www.pressdisplay.com - doesn't have the Evening Standard but is great for cuttings.

You said you wouldn't derail my thread - so tell me here! Ha ha.

Haha, Tried Press Display... but I like having the actual newspaper as well.

Sunday Mirror has a small one of mine
Sunday Times had a half page
Sunday Telegraph has a half page
Evening Standard possibly has one
The Sun did a massive double page spread

All in all, not a bad haul for one game!

Haha, Tried Press Display... but I like having the actual newspaper as well.

Sunday Mirror has a small one of mine
Sunday Times had a half page
Sunday Telegraph has a half page
Evening Standard possibly has one
The Sun did a massive double page spread

All in all, not a bad haul for one game!

Sweet. I've lost two cuttings from the Mail on Sunday a while ago of articles that I wrote.

My pics from the Fringe have been used mainly on the web. Agency work, eh?!

Sweet. I've lost two cuttings from the Mail on Sunday a while ago of articles that I wrote.

My pics from the Fringe have been used mainly on the web. Agency work, eh?!

A lot of mine appear on the web, and it's then a question of seeing if they're in the paper too. Though sometimes there'll be different ones on the web and in the paper...it's all so confusing.

Do you know what papers buy your pictures before their published or is it a case of checking the papers the next day?

Last edited:
Got yesterday's Telegraph, but you'll have to be quick. Re-cycling wagon comes at 7AM tomorrow.

Do you know what papers buy your pictures before their published or is it a case of checking the papers the next day?

It's just a case of checking...then getting hold of copies for keeping "tearsheets". Occasionally the picture desk will send a copy out to you, but it's best not to rely on them.

Got yesterday's Telegraph, but you'll have to be quick. Re-cycling wagon comes at 7AM tomorrow.

I'll send you a PM if that's OK!?

Did you take that? That's an awesome shot.

Thanks very much, I did indeed take it.

I'm just pleased it got used. It wasn't one of the ones I was expecting. The Times today has the shot I was expecting more usage from (pg.10 of The Game).

So, we have the Sunday Telegraph taken care of, as well as the Evening Standard from today (all being well my aunt is picking up a copy on her way home)...just the Sunday Mirror now!

Does anyone have either?

I'm looking for both the newspapers sport sections from Sunday 8th August.

If you've got them, could you send me a specific page...PM me for details. I'll pay postage too if necessary!

Yes i have both i think

Edit

got the Mirror but not telegraph

Last edited:
Yes i have both i think

Edit

got the Mirror but not telegraph

Ooooh excellent stuff mate.

Could you ping pg.6 and 7 to me...it's the same as the Burnley ones.

We really ought to work out a way of getting all the papers between those of us that do sport. Then we can send off different pages each weekend (or at least those of us that care can do so!)

Nice to hear you've had a good result there!

I'm not able to get out to a match for a while yet, doing athletics and red bull X champs.
Then I'm back into the footy.

I can keep tonights standard to one side, if you need it.

Also got a guy in the office who gets the Sun everyday, but he's gone home already. I'm not sure where he's put it...

I've got access to todays Mirror if that was one?

Ooooh excellent stuff mate.

Could you ping pg.6 and 7 to me...it's the same as the Burnley ones.

We really ought to work out a way of getting all the papers between those of us that do sport. Then we can send off different pages each weekend (or at least those of us that care can do so!)
Theres an excellent way, i go to tescos and rummage for 30 minutes or so

Nice to hear you've had a good result there!

I'm not able to get out to a match for a while yet, doing athletics and red bull X champs.
Then I'm back into the footy.

I can keep tonights standard to one side, if you need it.

Also got a guy in the office who gets the Sun everyday, but he's gone home already. I'm not sure where he's put it...

I've got access to todays Mirror if that was one?

I think i've now got all the necessary papers... including multiple copies of the Standard :nuts:

It wasn't a bad haul...though I suspect next week wont be quite so good. It's not every week England's no.1 keeper arrives at your local club and lets in 3 goals on his debut.

Theres an excellent way, i go to tescos and rummage for 30 minutes or so

Yeah, I did that at Smiths this afternoon...got a bit of a dodgy look from the shop assistant though. Plus it's always really embarrasing if you've not got anything. You have to walk out without buying then.

Local newsagents round the corner usually holds old papers for a day or so for me, just in case...but he ran out of the Mirror and had already got rid of the Telegraph :bang:

Yeah, I did that at Smiths this afternoon...got a bit of a dodgy look from the shop assistant though. Plus it's always really embarrasing if you've not got anything. You have to walk out without buying then.

Local newsagents round the corner usually holds old papers for a day or so for me, just in case...but he ran out of the Mirror and had already got rid of the Telegraph :bang:

Mirror posted this afternoon James :)

It's not every week England's no.1 keeper arrives at your local club and lets in 3 goals on his debut.

Thats a great example of our jobs though, you gotta keep on persevering as you never know what story may happen right in front of you.

Now if only, Westlife have a big bust up and never gig again, Jessica Ennis comes out as a man, and Nate Adams retires from motoX to take up cheese rolling... I'll be quids in from a weeks work!

well apart from I might not be at his first cheese roll!

My local cafe has got used to me popping in for my regular take away coffee at the tube station, and often say 'anything in'? as I'm speed scanning their rags

My local cafe has got used to me popping in for my regular take away coffee at the tube station, and often say 'anything in'? as I'm speed scanning their rags

Funnily enough the newsagent got interested a few years ago after an England v India cricket match. Since then I get sucked into conversations lasting hours about the IPL and Indian cricket in general. His son has a mean leg spin too. In the academy for Gloucestershire.

Thats a great example of our jobs though, you gotta keep on persevering as you never know what story may happen right in front of you.

Now if only, Westlife have a big bust up and never gig again, Jessica Ennis comes out as a man, and Nate Adams retires from motoX to take up cheese rolling... I'll be quids in from a weeks work!

well apart from I might not be at his first cheese roll!

Careful now...the way the Daily Mail has been writing stories recently any one of those three could become front page news tomorrow. ;)

I sincerely hope not :eek:

Good haul James, I canne help you with any papers though... but it looks like you've got it covered :)

No worries Phil...you get anything from your airshow/football match?

Good work James.

I think it's a good idea for us to look out for each others' pics. I always have a good look-see on a Sunday and Monday and see who's getting credited. You'll find me in Sainsburys or Tescos checking them all out, or looking at pressdisplay, but it's easy to miss some.

Also, your local library will have back copies of the nationals. I've taken pics of their papers before to make sure I had electronic copies of my shots.

Andy

Careful now...the way the Daily Mail has been writing stories recently any one of those three could become front page news tomorrow. ;)

No worries Phil...you get anything from your airshow/football match?

Don't think so, was after Blackpool stock and Hibs won.. so wrong end for it all! :(

Really weird. I was reading this thread earlier.

Then went for a ciggie just now and noticed in a bin on my way that staring me in the face was James' images in The Sunday Times.

What I found interesting was that in all four images the crop - "cropped" off some oj David James' hair.

I presume you have the Times then as you didn't ask for it?

Really weird. I was reading this thread earlier.

Then went for a ciggie just now and noticed in a bin on my way that staring me in the face was James' images in The Sunday Times.

What I found interesting was that in all four images the crop - "cropped" off some oj David James' hair.

I presume you have the Times then as you didn't ask for it?

I do indeed have the Sunday Times...as Mr Tobin was good enough to PM me before the shops closed.

My original does have the top of his head, and the bristol city badge on his shirt...but the layouts people obviously wanted it a closer crop. I deliberately included the badge as its a good idea to tell people which club he's playing for... :bang: never mind eh!?

The image in The Times yesterday was also mine, and I thought a much better image. They're all viewable on my new "tearsheets gallery" in my sig.

I do indeed have the Sunday Times...as Mr Tobin was good enough to PM me before the shops closed.

My original does have the top of his head, and the bristol city badge on his shirt...but the layouts people obviously wanted it a closer crop. I deliberately included the badge as its a good idea to tell people which club he's playing for... :bang: never mind eh!?

The image in The Times yesterday was also mine, and I thought a much better image. They're all viewable on my new "tearsheets gallery" in my sig.

PM'd you earlier.

have the sunday tele sports section...............

drop me a pm for what you want.........

have the sunday tele sports section...............

drop me a pm for what you want.........

Cheers Lynton, I'm sorted for the tele sports section now!

You can frame the picture of David James and in your painkiller soaked haze say "i know the guy who shot that". (y):D

Well done James. Bear in mind that every paper has different editions and can use different photos for story depending on location. I had a photo in News Of the World week Sunday from Arsenal v AC Milan in Emirates Cup. Was in my local edition (North Hampshire) but not in the London papers around Arsenal itself. So make sure your getting the editions with your photos in.

Cheers Lynton, I'm sorted for the tele sports section now!

You can frame the picture of David James and in your painkiller soaked haze say "i know the guy who shot that". (y):D

I would ask for an autographed copy - or would that devalue it????????? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I would ask for an autographed copy - or would that devalue it????????? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

After letting in 3 goals he's likely to get a thump on the head :clap:

Do you (or the rest of the pro togs on here) get any/much coverage in magazines?

Back