Slow_fall_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

The_long_journey_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

As_two_rainbows_cross_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Euro_glow_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Urgent_rescue_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Only_way_out_is_up_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Flight_of_the_Valkyries_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Onwards_and_upwards_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Hope you like them. this was my first ever airshow, and I really enjoyed it. I could have done with a bit longer reach than my 150mm could provide, but it still performed well even though using a prime was a bit tricky.

I like em all

You've managed some nice viewing angles for some of those :)

All good shots!

Another vote for #3 over here.

Some fabulously saturated colours in this set, really brings the images alive. (y)

Thank you everyone. Yeah, number 3 was quite a lucky moment. I saw the opportunity approcahing, so I very quickly swapped th 150mm for the 10-20mm and fired off a few shots before switching back. Looked at the Northern Echo (Regional Paper) today though, and it looks like one of the staff togs got a nearly identical shot on the front page.:LOL:

Nice shots MK (y), must get the rest of mine done, couldn't be bothered last night after playing football. Where were you standing? I was on the beach near the pier below the lifeguard station.

Nice shots MK (y), must get the rest of mine done, couldn't be bothered last night after playing football. Where were you standing? I was on the beach near the pier below the lifeguard station.

Yeah, I was nackered on Sunday night. Set off at 8am and didn't get back until 9.30pm despite leaving the show as soon as it finished. The traffic was crazy. I was stood right down on the front straight infront of the Lighthouse. It was a really good spot, although the waves kept breaking scarily close.

:clap: #3 for me as well, also like #6 great colour (y)

Cheers.:)

Great exposure on them. Number 3 is great. Nice colours on them all

Thank you. I was quite suprised how well the camera metering performed in the end. I started off in full manual mode, but as the conditions kept changing, I got mixed results. Ended up in shutter speed priority which gave nice concistent results.:)

Great shots MK, love the Reds/rainbow, also sea rescue shot.
Greeeeaaat stuff.
Dean:)

Hah, I must have only been yards away from you, to your right, and we must have been clicking shutters almost in synch.

That said, your first shot looks closer than mine, and I was using a 200mm lens. Not fair.

Twas a bit tricky keeping the spray off the camera at times, but there were some great photos to be had.

I experimented with low shutter speeds, trying to capture propellor and rotor motion. Pretty successful on props, but when you drop to around 1/60th for helicopters you rely on shake reduction a bit too much if, like me, you have no other means of support. I lost a few shots to blur, but did get some where the Pentax K100d pulled it off nicely.

I was delighted when the rainbows appeared, made for some nice images.

If I'm doing another airshow I might try to borrow a monopod to see if it helps any.

Got to say I keep going back to look at 6 - its fantastic! If this has been cropped then may I suggest you uncrop as much as you can off the bottom to get as much of those trails as possible. They make the shot for me I think. Very dramatic. Very good (y)

And I like 7 too. If you told me you were hovering above as it approached at 10,000ft underneath you I would have no reason to doubt you! Great angle.

I saw the Reds at RIAT this year and the first half of their display was the best I have ever seen from them.

What a great set mate. You must be delighted with #3 as it is a beauty. All are good though. (y)

fantastic pics you should be well pleased with them

Back