Sunken Building in Old Cromwell New Zealand

Edit My Images
Yes
I'd accidentally left my battery packed in luggage at the bottom of the boot but we passed here and really wanted to take a shot so had to use my phone. I actually quite like the shot from a composition point of view but maybe could look a little more vibrant. Would be great if I could do something with it as, coming from the other side of the world, I may not get another shot at it! :) so any comments / suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

cromwell.jpg

What processing software do you use?

Would this please you in any way?

cromwellpp.jpg

Would this please you in any way?

cromwellpp.jpg

Telling the OP what actions you carried out in the edit might assist him....enabling him to edit his own image.

enabling him to edit his own image.

Right… but it takes me 1 minute to propose the OP an interpretation
of is take to see if he likes it. If not, no damage done. If yes, the instruc-
tion will come of course.

@gramps I've not done any processing to this photo yet but have Photoshop CS available.

@Kodiak Qc That is definitely along the lines I was thinking :) What adjustments did you make?

Thanks both for replying! :)

@Tannachy Ah cool, We only passed through quite quickly. In the past week and a bit, we have visited:

Auckland
Christchurch
Akaroa
Blenheim
Picton
Punakaiki
Queenstown
Wanaka

I've not done any processing to this photo yet but have Photoshop CS available.

Photoshop will be just the thing, in ACR I would increase exposure, contrast and blacks slightly and when loaded into Photoshop adjust Levels as necessary ... once you see it adjusted you will be able to tweak it to your liking :)

That is definitely along the lines I was thinking. What adjustments did you make?
DRL + WB + Clarity Adjustment layer on the ruin itself.
all in my converter… PS not required!

Last edited:
Back