Sunrise at Stonehenge - A different perspective

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I didnt know what size to attach this so i will provide the link, Please leave any comments.

UPDATED

got it resized.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s339/jonsargisson/Stonehenge1_wmresized.jpg

Add a few more photos down at Post #22

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited:
Beautiful - print on a large canvas and hang!!! Lovely image!

stunning pic its only 43 over the 1000 limit try a small resize

Last edited:
Unique shot :) really well captured and beautiful colours. Would prefer slightly more clarity on stone henge but over all it's a lovely shot.

For future reference, on normal pictures the maximum allowance is 800 pixels on the longest side. On panorama images (which this particular image I think could qualify for) is 1000 px on the longest side.

Beautiful capture !

Unique shot :)Would prefer slightly more clarity on stone hengeQUOTE]

I agree but i wanted to get the sunrise in the picture and i could not get any closer, the angle i needed to be to zoom in, i wouldn't get the stones in as the landscape rises and the falls before the fence. I dont have wide angle lens but then i dont think i would have got any closer with one of them.

I love the telephoto compression/distortion and I don't think the same effect would have been achieved with a wide angle.

What aperture were you shooting it?

It's 100% likely that the lack of clarity isn't your fault and was morning mist or atmospheric haze :)

Beautiful :)

I love the telephoto compression/distortion and I don't think the same effect would have been achieved with a wide angle.

What aperture were you shooting it?

It's 100% likely that the lack of clarity isn't your fault and was morning mist or atmospheric haze :)

Aperture was f/11
Exposure 1/500
iso 200

there was alot of morning mist around it kept rolling in and out, Also it was alittle cold and i kept having to clean the filter

I like that, very nicely done :clap:

"It's 100% likely that the lack of clarity isn't your fault and was morning mist or atmospheric haze"........

"there was alot of morning mist around it kept rolling in and out, Also it was alittle cold and i kept having to clean the filter"........

I think this is the wow factor giving it the air of mystery that this place is famous for.Mr Turner would love this...I think.
Yes a great one for a canvas
Keith(y)

brilliant...lots of atmosphere and tension with the two subjects at each end of the pano
soft and quiet shot

Back