Sunrise @ Ullswater (My Take)

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot from Saturday in the Lake District. This one from the west end of Ullswater. It is for stuff like this that I love HDR. It would have been near impossible to meter for this shot normally and keep so much detail in the foreground.

3852130360_ed31fe733b_o.jpg

yup, am liking it. You are going to have the "purist" straight out of camera mob after you though :)

I actually pulled the colour temp in mine down to make it look colder, I wanted it to look very blue. Just goes to show some of the variety we can see in the same location.

Last edited:
Very nice!
Looks like you caught the ripples from a fish jumping up in the foreground.

The glow on the tree is lovely and you caught some 'sun flare lines' or whatever you call 'um.

Good work!

loving the highlights on the rocks in the foreground, nice sunrise (y) and lets be honests, a fine piece of HDR jigerry pokery!

Lovely shot with lots of atmosphere.

Actually well-done composition!
beautiful place, good time, perfect hand

Love the light on the tree trunk, awesome shot.

Very nice indeed, glad you had one decent sunrise in your trip.

I like the light on the tree. And I agree with Trev Richm the shinny line attracts my attention a lot. Is it the natural reflection?

I've managed to convince the wife to accompany me on a nice camping/photography weekend in the lakes in two weeks... and that's exactly the type of shot I want on my memory card when I get back.

Lovely :)

Superb that is a pink floyd album cover gilmore would be proud

Not enough HDR on this, pump up those sliders! :LOL:

Love the detail but its HDR and therefore you fail :p

But seriously, nice cap mate ;)

wow, so many replies. Thanks everyone.

Am stuck on mobile broandband with an annoying laptop keyboard, so will reply to any questions when I get back to a decent PC later this week :)

Once again many thanks for all the positive replies for this shot :)

I absolutely love.. LOVE this shot.
But the line just below middle is really distracting for me and it keeps pulling my eye?

I like the light on the tree. And I agree with Trev Richm the shinny line attracts my attention a lot. Is it the natural reflection?

Yeah the line is completely natural, not sure what it is or why it is there, but it is there in the original shots, I think the HDR might have brought it out a little though :(

thats truly briliant JL, Great use of HDR, in fact an example of exactly how it should be used!

Three shots handheld? Help me out please as I cannot understand how did you do this. Doesn't HDR require photos to be exactly the same (in terms of composition)? How did you achieve that shooting handheld?
Thanks

Three shots handheld? Help me out please as I cannot understand how did you do this. Doesn't HDR require photos to be exactly the same (in terms of composition)? How did you achieve that shooting handheld?
Thanks

Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), it's a setting on the camera, if you have it turned on then the camera will take 3 shots in rapid succession with an adjusted exposure compensation on each.

It's possible to do it hand held if the shutter speed is fast enough.

This is a seriously cool HDR PP it almost looks like a studio shot to me with the light quality in the foreground, i would love to take a photo like this but i am far to lazy to get up early enough :D

Thank god for sunsets ;)

Back