Sunset at LLanfairfechan Beach

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
here you go you can tear them apart these are straight out of my Canon compact camera not an edit in sight

Dave

There's no point in just tearing them apart. Colours are nice in them, but they lack depth and intensity in tone, sharpness and hue, with number 2 being the best of the set and giving the greatest sense of depth.

The main issue is composition more than camera or processing, with the brightest area near or at the centre of the frame and not enough to lead the eye through. For all 3 images, try masking from the right hand side with a piece of white paper to make a square crop, removing a lot of boring negative space, and creating more dynamic interest.

Hope that's useful. :)

What Toni said +…

the second take is slanted!

This more of what you meant...feel FREE to edit it anyone

Dave

I actually rather like the first, though it a fair bit away from sunset.

Hi Dave, Why tear the apart, thats not al all constrictive, --but I will say this sort of picture and this light is never easy to get them to a point that reflects what you experienced at the time. If your not happy with them I would say just play with them in photoshop or whatever and see what you come up with?

Geoff

Well blown out in the centres. More care needed, perhaps a 3 shot bracket.

These were not taken on a SLR but a small compact so I was unable to take a 3 shot bracket alas...wish I had the 30d with me last night

Dave

I too was out last night waiting for the sun to drop from the gaps that where looking promising but when it happened the sun was not strong enough my neck of the woods.

Back