Sunset, flash and a Lab

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm experimenting more and more with flash. My ultimate goal is a sunset shot with decent colour, sharp dog with good action, splashing water and a well lit dog where it is correctly exposed and the background around a stop under. This is my second attempt with the first being a write off. A few static shots too and lots to learn about positioning the lights as I had it in the wrong place most of the night. It is nice to feel really challenged by a type of photography though as I am right at the bottom of the learning curve with flash and that is quite exciting

_SA16889small by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA16973small by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA16996small by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, I’m no expert and especially when it comes to using flash, but I really like those. Especially 1/2.
Thanks for sharing.

Hiya

Looking great to me too.

Well done.

Are you using the flash bare ? If you don't mind me asking.

The odd time I've tried this it as always been with a bare speedlight or Ad200.

Gaz

Those are just stunning and lovely Simon :D

Very well done and thanks for sharing, we all need to see doggie pictures :D

Hiya

Looking great to me too.

Well done.

Are you using the flash bare ? If you don't mind me asking.

The odd time I've tried this it as always been with a bare speedlight or Ad200.

Gaz
Just the provided reflector on the AD600 Pro. If I could teach my daughter to point the flash properly I'd maybe use a smallish 3ft softbox and get her tracking the dog as it passes. As It was on a light stand I just used the reflector and placed it a decent distance away so the dog was likely to break through the light. My biggest mistake was not using a modelling lamp as it was difficult to know when to shoot.

Thanks.
You seem to be on the right track.

Gaz

Back