Sunset on Lough Swilly

Edit My Images
No
So I've been a member of the forum for just over a year but because of work restrictions I've only recently had more time to browse and comment. I've been viewing the pages over the last few weeks and really enjoying what everyone has been posting and thought it must be time I took the plunge and posted a few images of my own. I enjoy most of the different fields of photography but landscape would be my go to so I thought it would be the best place to start. I live on the peninsula of Inishowen in Donegal about 5 minutes walk from an inland lough which flows out to the Atlantic Ocean called Loch Súilí (Lough Swilly in English) which means Lake of Shadows/Eyes. Inishowen is stunning, we have hills, mountains, rocky and sandy beaches, ruined forts, rivers, lakes and more and is probably why I love landscape photography so much, there are just so many special places to choose from. Anyway I'm rambling. the photos I've seen on the pages of the forum have for the most part been simply stunning so I'm a bit nervous of how my offerings will stand up against them but sure we have to start somewhere! Thanks for looking, and I hope I've uploaded this right!!! :)8August - Sunset on Lough Swilly.jpg

how my offerings will stand up against them

Possibly very well I think…
it be ever contemplated bigger for sure
like 1200 pixel long side or so. :cool:

Excellent sky, colours reflected in the water and a little forground interest with the waves and rock. Very nice and I agree possibly looks great larger.

Strange thing, my forebears are from Donegal from way back and I’ve only visited the county twice, many years ago. I’ve seen some stunning photos taken there, I really must make an effort to go back. I love the shot of Súilí by the way.

Possibly very well I think…
it be ever contemplated bigger for sure
like 1200 pixel long side or so. :cool:

Excellent sky, colours reflected in the water and a little forground interest with the waves and rock. Very nice and I agree possibly looks great larger.

Thanks very much for you comments. I did try to upload a bigger file size but I kept getting a message it was too big so I downsized it. It was late on Saturday night and I couldn't find a guide on uploading images. I'll have a look at it for the next time. :)

Strange thing, my forebears are from Donegal from way back and I’ve only visited the county twice, many years ago. I’ve seen some stunning photos taken there, I really must make an effort to go back. I love the shot of Súilí by the way.

Thank you Jim. Where in Donegal do you know, it would be interesting to find out . You should come back for a visit, I'd highly recommend it!! ;)

Thanks very much for you comments. I did try to upload a bigger file size but I kept getting a message it was too big so I downsized it. It was late on Saturday night and I couldn't find a guide on uploading images. I'll have a look at it for the next time. :)

Usually easier to post a link to somewhere you have it larger, but don't post too large. In my case I was thinking it would look nice printed out large and displayed ;)

Thank you Jim. Where in Donegal do you know, it would be interesting to find out . You should come back for a visit, I'd highly recommend it!! ;)
My grandfathers family were from Ramelton, I believe there's some connection with David Gallaher, the first captain of the all blacks.
I follow a photographer on Flickr who has posted some fantastic shots from Buncrana/Swilly and Fanad, Justin MacLochlainn.

My grandfathers family were from Ramelton, I believe there's some connection with David Gallaher, the first captain of the all blacks.
I follow a photographer on Flickr who has posted some fantastic shots from Buncrana/Swilly and Fanad, Justin MacLochlainn.

Ramelton is a beautiful spot, it's across on the Fanad Peninsula which is the land you can see on the left/centre of this photo, although it's more inland and cant be seen from where I am. And a nice bit of history in your family too! :)

Small world time as I know Justin very well, he lives not 5 minutes away from me and we were both members in our local camera club, in fact that's where I first met him. His photographs are indeed fantastic, and he's a real nice guy too.

"Cracking" shot Ma'am, love the the lovely light & colour, sky, and composition.(y)

George.

Back