Beginner Sunset over the moss

I think it is really good! Both composition and colours gives me the chills.
Thank you @Rudlin for your comments .I'm glad you like it. It was a hat, gloves and 4 layers of clothing day. I thought I might have been a bit enthusiastic with the PP
I appreciate you taking time to comment

Iain

I really like that too though I'd be tempted to crop it to just below the thin layer of cloud showing top left which is catching my eye.

I would have also looked at taking a shot a bit more to the left and twisted the camera a bit to an attempt to get the sun on the top left line of thirds, with the background tree central and the sprig of whatever on the bottom right hand line of thirds. Maybe it would come out ok.

I really like that too though I'd be tempted to crop it to just below the thin layer of cloud showing top left which is catching my eye.
Thanks for reply @chriscross , That's a good call. When post processing I need to learn to spend more time looking at the edges of the image rather than focusing (pardon the pun) purely on the central subject

Iain

I would have also looked at taking a shot a bit more to the left and twisted the camera a bit to an attempt to get the sun on the top left line of thirds, with the background tree central and the sprig of whatever on the bottom right hand line of thirds. Maybe it would come out ok.
Thanks for your comments @seaodyssey , I'm afraid I got a wee bit excited when I saw the scene and its potential and rushed my composition. With experience hopefully I'll become more proficient at balancing the image in camera.

Thanks again

Iain

It's a lovely image as it stands.
Don't be driven by so called rules, they are not legally enforcing; understand them and be aware of when and how to break them in a bid to please your own style and taste in an image

It's a lovely image as it stands.
Don't be driven by so called rules, they are not legally enforcing; understand them and be aware of when and how to break them in a bid to please your own style and taste in an image
Thanks @reheat module for your comments.
I hope that with experience should come not only the technical ability to capture the image I want (and the rules can certainly help there) but also the confidence to bend the rules when I feel it will improve the photo.
I was appalled at myself at how worried I became about putting the image on here for CC , but that stems from the quality of the other images on the forum and being a long time lurker as opposed to being an active participant.
With the feed back you and the others have kindly given, I'm sure the next time I want to post something it should be considerably less painful.

Once again, thanks Paul

Iain

Back