Sunsets for C+C

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, took these the over night, I try to give more than just an ordinary sunset, and any C+C on processing, execution, and any ideas on how to make them better are very welcome :)

4452017950_ebcdbfbb38_o.jpg

4451240825_0ed00a4f7b_o.jpg

4451241747_69988944ca_o.jpg

4452016788_9ebc5bedac_o.jpg

4452018596_127009d202_o.jpg

I love them all :)

#1 - Stunning colours, and an awesome scene, although I'm not sure the framing does the technical excellence justice - I'm afraid central sunsets rarely work [for me!!]...
#2 - :clap: [what more can I say? Brilliant framing, great B&W conversion, and excellent balance]
#3 - Not so impressive - what is the black line coming from the trees, the sun has "leeched" a little into the landscape [over-exposed] and the trees seem unnaturally blurred. That said, I really like the framing and the B&W sky does look good!
#4 - Again the sun has leeched slightly, but the colours are jaw-dropping - great shot!
#5 - Nice, but I think I come back to my earlier comment on "central" sunsets.

All in all, a brilliant bunch, with some great technical expertise, and one absolute stormer [#2]! Nice shots, and thanks for sharing (y)

how do you feel these photographs deliver something more than an ordinary sunset?

i think the first one is the most successful photograph compared to the rest (the rest i feel have either compositional or technical problems)

thoughts on each photo

1. nice colours and reflection and like the way the tress frame the landscape beyond, i do find the grass blades sticking into the frame distracting
2. dont think the composition works, its too messy and busy, plus the mono treatment hides the fact its sunset.
3. the whole image seems soft, light is leeching into the landscape and i dont think the mono treatment suits the image
4. the colours are nice but think the composition is rather week, the trees need to feature much more prominently in this type of shot
5. pano is nice idea however i am not keen on the placement of the sun and trees, also again the trees are too small to really be a focal point and i dont like the way half the trees have a weaker appearence due to being right in front of the sun

thanks for sharing

d

thanks guys for the C+C :D
I definitely know what you mean about some of the sun being a bit central, I need to learn to be a bit more patient while shooting and composing. Some quite different opinions on the b+w sunsets I see :)

My tuppence worth is that i think the second is the best - even though it's not obviously a sunset. The first is by far and a way the best of the sunset shots, as (for my taste) there's too little else going on in the shot.

Back